𝐭𝐰𝐨

ᴛᴡᴏ. ʟᴜᴄᴀs sᴄʀᴇᴡᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ

Suki was restocking CD's when a young girl came running inside the store. Her sneakers squeaked against the tile as she came to a quick stop in front of the cash register where Gina was standing waiting for customers to check out.

"Gina, I've got to find Corey right away!" The young girl said with urgency in her voice.

Gina looked up at her with a bored expression. She reached over and grabbed the microphone that was for the intercom, and held down the button.

"Paging Miss Corey Mason. Meet your smelly sister in the rotunda." Gina said into the microphone as she stared at the girl.

Corey's sister glared at Gina and stuck up her middle finger towards her before running over to Corey.

"Dad said to bring this to you right away. Wait until you see what's in it." Corey's sister smiled handing her a white envelope she had been holding in her hand.

"Harvard." Corey said quietly looking between AJ and Gina who had walked over to her. "It's Harvard." She said her smiling growing quickly. She fumbled with the envelope. "I'm afraid to open it." She admitted.

It was quiet as Corey slowly tore open the piece of mail. AJ and Gina looked at each other nervously before turning back to Corey.

"Well? Did you get in?" AJ questioned.

Corey was quiet. Her eyes scanned the letter. She ignored her friends and sister pestering her for the answer until she finished reading it. She slowly looked up, and smile broke out onto her face.

"Yes." Corey said. "Yes." She repeated grabbing her sisters face and kissing her cheek. Her sister hopped excitedly before snatching the envelope back and bolting out the door.

"Are you sure?" Gina asked.

"Yes." Corey nodded jumping up and down happily.

"You did it!" AJ said hugging her. The two held onto each other tightly as they celebrated.

"This is awesome. You're getting out of here." Gina exclaimed before reaching for the intercom microphone. "Ladies and gentlemen," Gina spoke into the microphone grabbing the attention of everyone in the store.

Suki even stopped restocking to look over her shoulder to the group of her coworkers. She immediately saw Corey and AJ hugging and poking at each other with wide smiles. She felt a pang of jealousy in her chest before quickly ignoring it to go back to what she was doing.

"Our most valued employee, Corey Mason, is going off to Harvard to secure the free world." Gina told the store mimicking a calm professional voice before cheering. "Harvard! Harvard! Harvard!"

Corey's eyes were gleaming brightly with joy. Her cheeks started to hurt from smiling, but she couldn't stop. She got into her dream school, and she knew her dad would be proud.

"Miss Mason, you just got into Harvard. What are you gonna do now?" Gina asked holding out the intercom microphone to Corey.

"I'm gonna," Corey's face started to slowly drop. Her smile faded into a slight pout. "Throw up."