Chapter 3

I woke up with someone sitting next to me. I couldn't see who it was because my vision was still blurry. "You okay?" The figure asks. "God?" I ask. "No, Shoyo." I sat up. "Who?" My vision finally clears. "I carried you here after you fainted. I have a vid if you want to see it." He pulls out his phone. "Holy crap, she jumped 3 feet into the air. What?! OMG IS SHE OKAY?! SOMEONE HELP OVER HERE! Okay, Shoyo is taking her to the nurse. How does it feel to be beaten twice, Sal?"

 "No comment now get that phone out of my face." The video ends. The world spins and I feel nauseous. "Hey HEY. No vomiting or passing out again. You can't afford that again. And I can't afford getting thrown up on." he says. "How did you get that video? Weren't you taking me here?" I asked confused. "My friend stole my phone and took the vid. He came by earlier to give it back. When I went to see what he had used it for, I came across it."

 He replied. "Oh, g-god. I'm g-going to be t-the laughing s-stock of t-the whole s-school and it's o-only my f-first day h-here." I stuttered badly. When I'm worried, my stutter gets bad. "How come you stutter?" he asks. "Shoyo, was it?" I ask to change the subject. "Yes, and don't try and change the subject." "F-fine. I've had it s-since I was a k-kid. But r-recently, it went a-away. T-that was until I c-came h-here. It's b-bad when I'm n-nervous or w-worried. 

That's w-why I s-stutter so m-much." I manage to say. I hang my head down in shame. "H-hey, there's nothing be ashamed a-about." I swing my head towards him. "Yeah, I stutter too sometimes. But it's rare and no one is ever around to hear." "But how do you hide it?" I ask. "I just make sure to try and not stutter." He says not fazed. "I'm n-not satisfied w-with that a-answer," I say crossing my arms. "On a different note, what are you?" he asks. "I-I'll do you one b-better. W-what are y-you?" I say trying to play it cool. Shoyo is tan with Nutella brown hair with red streaks like mine. He had ripped jeans with a red and teal shirt (my fav color combination) that said, "Are you sure about that?". "I'm an Alpha." He says snapping me out of it. "I'm an omega." "Well, kind of guessed that but how do you run so fast and jump so high?" "T-to be honest, I d-don't know. This is n-new to m-me." He sat there, looking like he was deep in thought. "Well, I should get back to class," I said jumping out of the bed. 

"You know classes are over, right?" he turned to look at me. "W-WHAT?! HOW LONG W-WAS I O-OUT?!" I yelled in surprise. "About 3 hours." He shrugged. "I'll walk you home because you haven't been marked and there are millions of bad things that can happen to you on the way." He says getting up. "Okay b-but give me your number. S-so I c-can let you k-know when I am g-getting ready to l-leave my house. In c-case this is g-going to be a r-regular t-thing."

 I point out. "K. Here." He hands me his phone and I grab mine out of my bag. I enter his number and hand him back his phone. "T-there." We walk to my locker because while he was waiting for me to wake up, he grabbed his stuff. I stopped by the locker, got changed back into my uniform, and walked out where Shoyo was waiting for me. We walked out to the front. "I rode a bike here," I said. "That's fine. So did I." He replies quickly. We get on our bikes and ride. He follows me since he doesn't know where I live. 

20 minutes later

we pull up in front of my house. "I live r-right here. D-do you want to c-come in? Or do you h-have to go?" I ask. "Nah, I actually live down the street," he says. "Well, that's convenient. Ok, come on." I grab my keys and open the door. "I'M HOME MOM!" I yell. "I'M IN THE KITCHEN!" she yells back. I lead Shoyo into the kitchen. 

"Mom, this is Shoyo..." "Shoyo Mizu" he finishes. Mom turns around. "Hello, Shoyo. Please make yourself comfortable," she says. "Thank you." "Come on Shoyo, let me s-show you my r-room," I say grabbing his wrist and dragging him upstairs. "Wait here." "K" I walk in and shut my door. I put up my clothes and organize my desk. 

Then I grab Keith and open the door. "Ok, come in." He sets down his stuff and sits in a beanbag. "Cool room." He says looking around. "Thanks," I say. My room was a red and black ombre effect. I had posters of my favorite bands and shows all around. "This is Keith, my gerbil," I say, holding out Keith. Shoyo takes him and holds him. "I have a gerbil too, named Kyle."

 He says. "Maybe I should bring Keith over some time so Kyle can hang out with him." I joke. "Yeah, that would be fine." I've never seen Shoyo like this. Even though I've only known him for like, 4 hours. "Hey, can I stay tonight?" he asks. "Um, are you sure?" I ask, making sure I heard right. "Yeah, if that's ok with your mom." "Uh, let me ask her." I get up and go downstairs. "Hey mom, can Shoyo stay over tonight?" I ask. 

"If his parents are okay with it then yeah. Does he have clothes?" "He lives down the street, so I think he can grab some," I say. "Well, that's fine," she says. "K thanks." I run back upstairs and shut the door. "My mom says it's fine as long as your parents say it's okay," I said plopping down on my bed. "My parents don't care, and I already have clothes. I stay over at a friend's house often." He says, staring at my lava lamp. "Well, when you want to take a shower, the bathroom's down the hall, and dinner's almost ready. Do you have any allergies?" "No, not that I know of."

 "Okay, want to play video games or watch a movie?" I ask. "Depends, what video games do you have?" "Oh, only every Mario, Just Dance, and Legend of Zelda ever made. Also, Animal Crossing." I say. Shoyo sits up. "Dude, I don't even have one Mario game. I only have like Madden NFL and FIFA. Also, NBA." "I also have Madden NFL and NBA. You want to play?" I ask. "Heck yeah. I'm going to dominate you," he says getting up. I scoff. "You wish." I turn on my Xbox, shut my blinds, and turn on my lamp. Then I pop in Madden NFL 20, hand a controller to Shoyo, and

 start the game. About 45 minutes later, I had won 6 games and Shoyo won 0. "You want to play again or are you afraid of losing for the 7th time?" I ask. "I'm tired," Shoyo says laying on his back. "Let's make a bet." Shoyo's ears perk up. "If I win at Just Dance, then you have to... let me braid your hair. And you have to wear it all day tomorrow." I say. Shoyo sits up. "Okay, and if I win... then I get to dye your hair pink. And you have to leave it in for a week."

 I cringe. "Pink, really?" I say. "Yup. I had a feeling that you hated pink and judging by your reaction, you hate pink like a vampire hates sunlight," he says. I think about it for a moment. "Alright, you have a deal. But I extend my time to a week too for my bet." "That's fine." I put it Just Dance 4. "I didn't even know that there was a just dance that old." Shoyo says. "There's a Just Dance 3, you know, that right?" I say handing him a remote. "No, I did not."

 I pick a hard song so that way we have a 50-50 chance of winning. When the song was over, we flopped on the floor panting. I look up. I curse under my breath. Shoyo notices my change in attitude and looks up at the screen. He jumps up and does a victory dance. "I WON! LET'S GO!" he yells in victory. "Now you have to dye your hair pink. Let's go get it," he says. "Okay but first," I sniff the air. "It smells like dinner is done." I shove him out of the way and bolt downstairs. He quickly recovers and runs down after me.