The Flayed

"Shit! Shit!"

"We're going down! We're going down!"

"Yeah no shit Harrington!"

"Why don't these buttons work!"

"Press the button!"

"What do you think I'm doing!"

"Press something!"

"Press the god damn buttons!"

"The god damn buttons don't fucking work!"

"Push it!"

The room comes to stop and we all fall over. I fall on top of Dustin and Steve groans from the corner.

"My groin. It fell on my groin. Dustin!"

I get off of Dustin and he lifts the box that fell onto Steve's lap. The rest of us stand up. I clutch the table next to me and I feel my head spin.

"Is everyone, ok?" Robin asks with a hand on her head.

"Yeah, I'm great, now that I know that Russians can't design elevators!" Steve yells. He shoves past Dustin to the control panel and starts hitting the buttons.

"I think we clearly established that those buttons don't work," Robin yells at Steve.

"They're button they have to do something," Steve argues.

"Nope, I think we deactivated them when we opened the doors from the inside. The only way to activate them would be with a key card which we don't have," I explain.

"So we're stuck in here," Dustin groans.

"Yep," I say popping the p.

"Just so you nerds are all aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's. And Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home for Uncle Jacks party tomorrow, and my mom finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down one by one and slit your throat."

"I don't care about Tina or Uncle Jack's party. You're mom is not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!" Steve snaps.

"Hey." We turn to Dustin. "What if we climbed out?" We look up to see a vent right above us.

I jump on Steve's shoulder and open the vent. I then pull myself up and look up. A second later Dustin climbs through, then Steve.

"Yeah....... absolutely not," I say crossing my arms. Dustin and Steve look up too.

~

After a long night spent in the elevator, me and Dustin find ourselves on top of the elevator with his walkie in hand.

"Code red, I repeat, code red. Does anyone copy? This is a code red, I repeat, code red. We are innocent children and we are trapped under Starcourt mall. The red army has infiltrated Hawkins, and if we are found, they will torture and kill us."

"Hey," Steve grunts as he pulls himself up. "Gotta take it easy on that thing. Gonna drain the battery."

"The mall just opened," I say.

"So?"

"So someone could be in range," Dustin says.

"What do you think Petey the Mall cop is gonna rappel down here and save the day?"

"What's your deal?" I ask.

"Yeah you got to spend the night with Robin," Dustin whispers but Steve shushes him anyways.

"Jesus Christ will you give up on that creepy dream already?"

"Wait, what dream?" I ask looking between the boys.