Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Gwen Tennyson

Before I knew it, we fell into a pit. It was dark and cold on the way down, it happened so suddenly. I didn't have time to put on the force field to help us and before I knew it, we hit the bottom. Knocking us unconscious, my vision was blurred but I looked to my left and saw Kevin as well dragged towards a machine. I saw Ben in the corner as the Eon's minions had put on wires towards his body and the watch. I quickly loss conscious again.

I woke up again but now, I'm being restrained onto a torture machine which I tried to break through but something is damping my powers. Kevin woke up soon after and I whispered to him, "You're, okay?". He nodded and replied, "This machine in front of us. I recognized it, this is bad... Wait, where is Ben?". I looked around and both of us saw Ben on the ground being strapped with wires. I looked around and saw no one was around, I tried shouting Ben's name countless times but he was too far to hear. "Gwen, we need to get out of this machine... This machine can kill us instantly and it's not going to be a clean death... I have seen aliens fear this machine and I thought the Plumbers got rid of every machine and destroyed the information... No one is supposed to know how to build this... "Kevin warned me. I got worried and wondered if Ben will wake up. Soon after Kevin spoke, Ben started to wake up. He looked around him and saw us on the machine.  

I looked around and saw someone familiar, Albedo. I didn't know it was him who planned it. They were talking to each other and I read the lips of Albedo. "What is he saying?" Kevin asked. "He said he has to choose whether to choose us or the world..." I replied to Kevin. I can't believe this is happening. I knew we handled a much worst situation but Albedo knew every outcome that is supposed to happen as if he knew Ben would choose us instead of the world. I knew clearly that ben needed to choose the world. Albedo brought in an alien that he wanted to test on before shooting it at us. The results were terrifying. I instantly looked away as the alien took his last breath.

"BEN, CHOOSE THE WORLD PLEASE!" I shouted towards ben and he looked at us with his desperate eyes. He kept looking at his hands and us. I knew one day this would happen. Choosing between those he loved the most and the world in which countless innocent lives live. Ben looked down and it seems he was thinking of a way to save us both. That idiot. I knew him for so long and I know what he was thinking and I knew he is thinking of saving us both. Deep down, I kind of wanted it. I didn't want to die so young but Kevin knows he can't save us both. He seems pretty well accepted the fact both of us will die.

Ben stood up and ran towards us. "That idiot!", Kevin shouted as Ben transform into Humungosaur. Immediately the machine booted up and shot the beam towards us. I closed my eyes and accepted my fate before I knew it, the beam ray didn't hit us. I felt the heat and a foul smell of burnt meat. I looked in front of us and saw Ben blocking the beam for us. I cried and shouted, "BEN!" I shouted and the beam stopped. Albedo looked disappointed and walked away. The restrain suddenly unlocked and we were released. I ran towards Ben as he turns back into his human form. "It's okay Gwen... I handled that..." Ben said as he had trouble breathing. I cried as I carried my cousin and check for his heartbeat. it was too faded to even feel it. I tried to see whether he had a fighting chance but it seems he didn't. I tried to remember any healing spell but I couldn't think. Kevin spoke some words to Ben and Ben talked to me but I couldn't hear him as I was panicking. He smiled and closed his eyes. I cried my lungs out for my little cousin. I hated myself to be unable to save him.

"Gwen, he is gone..." Kevin said. I notice that the ultimatrix wasn't coming off or speaking as if it was in a domain state. "If he died, why isn't the ultimatrix coming off..." I added and hoped that something could help him.

'You need to be patient my youngling...'

"Who?" I asked as I looked around and there was no one around us other than Ben, Kevin, and me.