He looks at me for a moment before he nods. "Good luck to you."

"Good luck to you, Mr. Arora," I smirk.  "To prove that I don't deserve this position," I add after a moment.

"I don't-"

"Cut it," I say as I stand up. "Spit the truth on my face, I like that better."

I don't wait for him to say anything else as I walk out of the room feeling the anger all over again. Shreya and Roy stand up when they see me and I sit silently for a moment trying to think about what I should do next. I am so thankful to them for waiting patiently.

"Shreya." I let out a breath. "We need to keep Arya and Aryan safe."

"Everything alright?" She looks on concerned.

I tell her and Roy everything I heard and they don't seem as shocked as I am probably because they don't have the idea he worked with Abir before and he trusted him and then Badi maa trusted him.

I also start to wonder why would he leave Abir's company only to join Badi maa's?

"I can be the bodyguard for them when they are going to school," Shreya says. "That way they won't be terrified and will also be safe. I ensure you that."

"I know. There wouldn't be anyone else I want it to be." I say feeling a little relaxed that at least they will be safe.

I tell them about my plan with Vidhyut and they tell me it was a good idea so I feel kind of relieved that everything is going well. I make the plan in my head of what to do next and I leave the office after Shreya and Roy.

I let Abir know I am picking Arya and Aryan from the school and that I'll be staying home. I have a headache all of a sudden and I need to stay with Arya and Aryan as I think about my next step.

❊❊

It's around 7 when the door opens and Abir walks in. Arya jumps from the couch and rushes to him.

"Papa." She squeals.

"Hello, princess." He chuckles as he picks her up in his arms.

I smile as I watch them kiss each other before they walk to the living room where Aryan and I are sitting. Arya sits back beside her brother as they focus on the cartoon running on TV.

"So, you planned to leave me with Kabir," Abir says as he sits beside me. I close my laptop and turn to look at him.

There's so much I have to tell him. From why I wanted to work with Vidhyut to my ongoing plan. As much as I would want to keep it to myself and solve I know I should tell him because he is stressed too. I am going to tell him in the room we can't talk in front of Arya and Aryan.

"I hope you guys talked?" I ask curiously.

"What do you think?" He arches an eyebrow at me.

"Why do you have to ask question to my question instead of answering?" I roll my eyes.

He laughs slowly. "We were waiting for you and Sara to join and in the meantime, we talked and sorted things up. When it was almost thirty minutes over and neither of you showed up Kabir called Sara and asked where she is and she blurted out the plan."

"So guys sorted things before you got to know we bailed out?" I frown.

"Yeah." He nods.

"Wow," I say. "If I knew that was so easy we would have joined you guys after thirty minutes you know."