Ling Xiao coldly smiled and replied, "That is also what I am regretting the most!"

Mo Qi bit her lower lip at his words, her cruel gaze staring at him. Her gaze seemed to be telling him that she will one day retaliate.

Ling Xiao watched unblinking as Mo Qi was dragged out, the corner of his mouth turning down.

This Mo Qi was harder to deal with than before. She had even accepted his order.

If it was the Mo Qi before, even if her life depended on it, she wouldn't even fight!

However, this one was after all, the one he personally instructed.

Ling Xiao sighed. If he reincarnation due to being poisoned to death in his past lifetime, then what about Mo Qi? Wasn't she living well in the past, so why was she also reborn?

Perhaps the past her also died?

"Ste...Steward." A timid voice interrupted Ling Xiao's train of thought.

Ling Xiao looked at where the voice came from and saw the two maids were shoving each other to reply.

The two of them lowered their heads when Ling Xiao turned his questioning gaze on them and begged, "Steward, please spare us two servants, we will never leak out your secret!"

"Yes, please spare our lives Steward, and let us two servants continue to serve you. Please don't send us out to serve in other places. If we were to go serve somewhere else, us two servants who have no parents and reason in this Shao Country, then isn't that..."

"Wait." Ling Xiao frowned and interrupted the two, "When did I say I will also be sending you out?"

The two were stunned and raised their heads, then remembered their role and hurried lowered their heads again.

"You... made Palace Woman Mo... no... Mo Qi..."

"She is she, you are you two." Ling Xiao once again interrupted the stammeringly speech from the two.

The two maids clearly heaved a sigh of relief when they heard that. Ling Xiao tilted his head, "Go ahead and stand up you two."

"Yes." The two rose and deferentially hung their heads in front of Ling Xiao.

Ling Xiao asked, "You guys said you will not leak my secret... so you two really saw it?"

The two maids went pale again when they heard the question, but thought of something and their faces pinked. This change of white to pink was very marvelous, but they did not dare to not reply to Ling Xiao. They could only tremblingly nod their heads.

Ling Xiao continued, "You two said you will not leak my secret, don't tell me you haven't told Fu Yujun?"

The slight traces of shyness and flush thoroughly disappeared at those words and they immediately knelt, shaking their heads, "Steward, us two servants know that this matter is very grave, so how would we dare to irresponsibly talk about it!"

Ling Xiao suspiciously looked at the two, "How could Fu Yujun not ask you two? You two would probably not be able to kneel before me if you have not told him yet, right?"

However, Fu Yujun really didn't look like he knew, at least, he had not mentioned this matter.

Ling Xiao's eyes were filled with confusion.

The two hurriedly explained, "Steward, us two servants were indeed questioned, but when Xiu... Mo Qi arrived, us two servants were able to get away."

"Oh?" Ling Xiao's inquiring gaze watched both of them with his eyebrows raised.