ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Forty-Five

Start from the beginning

Just took me years to figure that out but I know now.

He was no longer the boy who lives next door and I hate with a passion, he's now the boy next door who I am passionately, desirably in love with.

My heart swells at the idea of telling Mauricio what I feel for him. It also sends butterflies to my stomach.

It's what Mauricio does, he makes me feel butterflies.

"Malia."

Easton's voice brings me back and my stomach drops.

I forgot he was here.

"Yeah, sorry, what's up?"

Easton sighs and then starts, "Are you ever going to answer my texts or calls?"

Not this again.

I've been ignoring his calls and deleting his text messages since the minute we broke up. I don't care what he has to say. There is no need for it, either way, I've moved on and so should he.

He's going to marry Jianna one day. I shouldn't even be talking to him right now.

"Easton, listen, you need to move on. I am not upset anymore with what happened with Jianna. You guys are a couple and couples have sex. It happens—" Easton cuts me off when he shakes his head and says, "I can't take back what I did. I fucked up and I'm so fucking sorry. But I love you, Malia. I can't just move on. Please, let's talk this out, and let me explain myself."

The second warning bell rings and I sigh.

Easton is an asshole and I should punch him, but we were friends once. I want to at least get that back. Even if it's awkward at first.

"Okay, we can talk when I get back from the family trip. I have class right now and I need a few days to prepare myself for the conversation. Because I have some things I want to say too."

I want to finally admit that I am in love with your best friend

A smile takes over his face and he nods his head.

"Thank you."

I gave him a small smile back and we headed to our classes.

When I sat down at my desk, I felt relief enter my body.

Once I tell Easton about Mauricio and me, with Mauricio's consent, of course, we'll be together. I'll admit my feelings to Mauricio and we'll be together. Public and real this time.

As it always should have been.

Always.