ISA

YOUTHchapter one!

YOUTH
chapter one!

          AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL stops a train from crashing!— that was the title of the Youtube video that's been the talk of New York all week

AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL stops a train from crashing!— that was the title of the Youtube video that's been the talk of New York all week. It's also hit the front page of the Daily Bugle and was also briefly mentioned at tonight's news which, much to Gretchen's awe, was way more recognition than she ever thought her little side hustle was going to get. Well, who would have thought that a little mishap during her school field-trip about genetic modification in Columbia University would have changed the whole trajectory of her life? She definitely thought the worst would come. If anything, the girl believed she was going to be stuck being called the freak of New York and live down the sewers or something.

She could scroll down the result pages from just a simple look-up of her alias and it comes flooding in relentlessly. There's post threads and videos about debunking whoever the spiderling was behind the mask, then other times there's people who cosplayed as her and got their five minute fame, only to be ratted out and then the cycle continues on. The format of how she's being displayed on the internet varies in different ways and truth be told, Gretchen enjoyed watching the people of New York lose their heads over some spider bitten kid.

"Greta, gising na!" She hears her mother yell from the other side of the door, topping it off with a round of impatient knocks. "It's already noon and you're still lazing around? Hurry up, we're going to be late!"

And like all good things, it's fleeting. Gretchen takes a glance at the clock that read nine forty-three, which is a stretch to say that it's noon. She rolls her eyes at her mother's usual antics. Despite having enough time— hours even, Genevieve Santiago still believed that she could be late to anything aside from flights. The scheduled time is at two in the afternoon which gives them more than enough time to prepare their minds and bodies, have some breakfast and then gradually work on the list that her mother so meticulously did over the weekend.

Well, given, they were moving to a new place. Her mother couldn't bear to forgive herself if they had forgotten a single thing, not even the box that's filled with the plastic bags her mother stashed over the years of collecting from grocery store runs. She thinks it's far too valuable and it's a waste if they aren't put to a good use.