Hiding The Past

One for All and All for One by CelestialBronze1299

Chapter 7

Hiding The Past

Word Count: 3372

The class dispersed, still reeling from the 'logical ruse' Aizawa had pulled on them. Everyone had pushed themselves to the limit, a slight fear set in their minds even if they knew they would pass the test. Everyone had heard of the teacher that had expelled an entire class, but no one knew exactly how intimidating he was. A small, purple-haired boy was especially shaken, trembling in his shoes from how close he was to being expelled.

Izuku, however, was tense for a completely different reason. Aside from the pain still coursing through his arm, Aizawa was suspicious of him and One For All. He had already noticed the difference between the super-strength and the copy ability his other Quirk demonstrated. The tension in his gut strung tighter when Aizawa gestured for him to stay back while the rest of the class headed back to the classroom.

Once they were alone, Aizawa fixed Izuku with a blank stare, his apathetic expression unnerving the student. "My question from before still stands. What is your Quirk? You've demonstrated conflicting abilities in the entrance exam and these tests. First you copy Present Mic's Quirk, then you destroy the zero-pointer with a single punch, and today was the same."

Izuku winced at the reminder of his carelessness. "Let me remind you," Aizawa continued, "that for these next three years, I will be the one maintaining your education. To mold you into a proper hero, I need to know what I will be working with. Lying to me would only be problematic for you. It would inhibit your learning, and prevent me from drawing out your potential. Understand?"

Izuku meekly nodded, and Aizawa backed off. "Good," he stated, crossing his arms. "So, explain your Quirk to me, starting with your strength."

"U- Um," Izuku stuttered, rubbing a hand on the back of his neck. Aizawa raised an eyebrow. "I- I can't tell you."

Aizawa's eyebrow rose higher. "And why is that?"

A moment of silence between the two allowed for Izuku to try and think of an excuse. He gulped, not wanting All Might's secret to get out any more than it had already, but knowing the risks of not telling his teacher now.

"It's- it's not my secret to share…"

The teacher's expression remained unfazed. "I see. Well, ask this… person if they would mind sharing their secret to one more person, for the benefit of your education. In the meantime, tell me what you can."

Izuku proceeded to explain One For All, being sure to leave out any mention of All Might in his explanation. He told Aizawa about how he had a reservoir of strength at his disposal, but he couldn't control how much to use at any period of time. The broken bone in his finger was a painful reminder of that very fact, and how he needed to fix it. He also talked about how his copy Quirk worked, including the time limit and the recovery period.

Aizawa kept silent throughout the explanation, only speaking up after Izuku had finished. "From what I've heard so far, it seems you have a Quirk separate to the copy ability you show. Am I right?"

Izuku froze, not even thinking that he had to hide the fact that he had two Quirks. Before he could justify himself, Aizawa continued.

"Judging from your expression, you didn't want people to figure that out. That's fine, but we'll have to improve your misdirection skills drastically if you want to keep it a secret. You'll need a solid excuse, as many people will be seeing you use your Quirk during the sports festival."

The teacher turned back to the school, walking into the building nearby. "We'll talk about this later. For now, get some rest. Tomorrow your classes really start." He disappeared through the door, leaving Izuku standing in the field alone.