Chapter 3: All Hail King......

Start from the beginning

Sara came up to the platform with the results of the voting in her hand. "With a vote of 1,196 to 1,130 to 1,123 to 1,120 the first king of our village and hopefully sometime of a glorious kingdom is....... Daniel!!!," She Yelled. The crowed went nuts. They let out a cheer of "All hail king Daniel" so loud I'm sure the man in the cloak heard it. I myself did not hear this for when I heard my name announced as the winner I promptly fainted.

After being woken up from my feint Dustin announced "We will hold the coronation for King Daniel in one day" I was still a little dazed from the shock of winning but i finally wrapped my head around the matter. I was king. Everyone left to go back to their usual jobs and to talk about the results of the voting. I went back to our hut to begin setting up certain departments to take better care of the village. I also had to choose who I wanted to lead these departments that I could trust to run them smoothly. The next day the ceremony began at about noon.

First I went to the center of the village where the platform had a red carpet over it for the occasion and stood next to Dustin as he gave a speech. I then knelt down has he place the crown on my head. It was a simple crown because we didn't have any gold yet and we did not have that much experience or tools to make a professional one. Then the feast began. Evert ounce of food we had managed to produce in the time we'd been here had been prepared and served. There was simple but fitting music, singing, and dancing. The whole thing lasted at least 12 hours. After the party ended we all left for our homes to get some decent sleep.

The next day I went to the middle of town and called everyone over for some announcements. I waited for everyone to settle and said "I have been planning out departments to set up to held improve our home. I have also been deciding on who should run these departments to help maximize its potential. I am now going to announce these. The first department is the Department of Scientific and Tech Improvement whose job it is to make advances in our technology and to help us understand whats in our new world with scientific discovery. The leader of this Department is Dustin who has a degree in engineering and electronics and is smart in science and math. Then there will be the Department of Agriculture and Environmental Protection whose job is to help with farming of both plants and the domestication of animals as well as to help us keep the land safe, fertile, and beautiful for as long as possible. The leader for this department is Lin who has a degree in agriculture and horticulture. The final department  will be the Department of Land and Resource Exploration whose job it is to hunt animals until we can domesticate them, after that the while be responsible for the finding of new usable land and to find new places of bountiful resources such as wood or mining locations. The leader here is Derick who is a professional tracker and is good at exploration in all terrain and environments. All these leaders and the general of the army, which I choose Jack for, will be apart of the City Expansion and Improvement Board (C.E.I.B.) lead by me to help improve and expand the city and to help the development of newer towns and cities." 

I was pleased to see that everyone liked my desisions and no one seemed upset or angry. I then told them to go about their day and then told the C.E.I.B. members that we would be having our first metting in the afternoon at about 6:00 p.m. They agreed and left to go think of ideas about what their departments would focus on and who in the town would fit into what department best. As 6:00 p.m. rolled around the meeting table was set and all the members had gathered. I started the meeting by saying "I am gald to see you are all here and we shall begin this meeting by coming up with ideas that we agree the town needs to increase our survival in this new world. My main concern is that we are in need of a better wall and a need to set up a town guard."

Everyone around the table nodded in agreement. Lin then stood up an spoke directly to Derick and said "Since you are the best traker and and exspert on the land I assume you would be able to tell us what part of the soil around the town is most fertile for growing plants? For if we know where the best soil is right off the bat we won't be stuck in a deadly trial and error for if we'll have enough food for winter."

We all looked at her and nodded and Derick Said" Sounds good I should be able to do that. I think I saw a good field location a while back. I will most likely start there." 

"Good that will be a big help in the long run. Any other ideas?" I ask.

"I think we should Start to replace the dirt houses with ones made of wood and stone. There is just something about living in a house with dirt walls that makes you yurn for stone oness." Said Jack.We all laugh at this not only becuase it was funny but becuase it was true.

"I also think we should start on some stone roads in the village." I added.

"We can also use the ton of iron we found in the mines to make tools, weapons, and armor." added Dustin.

We all agreed that these should be our main objectives and that we were hapy to have a plan of action. I told everyone that they where dissmissed to go and plan out there jobs. As everyone began to leave Lin got up and came towards me. She waited for everyone to leave before saying "Good job with the meeting Daniel. I'm glade they chose you to be our king." I knew I was blushing so I quickly thanked her andwent to leave the room when seh said "I'll see you later" And left the room with an embarised look.