Episode 9: A Battle I Can't Lose

Start from the beginning

"This, did Bell really come up with this?"

"Ehhh, ummm."

"Ah, It's not. I thought so."

Let's ignore Schwartz, who didn't look surprised and calmly said something rude.

"T-that's right. It's not something I thought of but something I was taught."

"You were taught? By whom?"

"By......my father."

I'm sorry, father.

"Father knew about this game, the time he worked in a foreign country."

"I see. It's a game from a foreign country."

Schwartz seems to be convinced by this explanation but the prince smiles sweetly and continues to question it.

Since it's full of lies right! He doubts it since it doesn't contain even one truth. If I get stabbed in a suspicious place, I don't think I can defend myself against the prince......

The prince who was still looking at me, wonderingly looked at Schwartz. He took a very deep breath and smiled again.

"Ahh, well. Then, Bell. Teach me the game of that foreign country."

"Eh, ahhh, yes! Would you like to play Daifugō​ this time?"

"'Daifugō​'?"

Just as I said the game's name, the two reiterated at the same time with a voice of amusement.

Cute...! I shouted in my heart but quietly hid it and smiled at the two.

"By calling it 'fugō', does it mean it's a game for wealthy people?"

(Note: 富豪, read as 'fugō' in romaji means wealthy person or a millionaire. And for those who want a very elaborated detail of how to play, please search for 'Daifugō' on google. I can't put a link in here like in google docs.)

"Do we bet gold?"

"It is not an exploitative game like that..."

I don't want the prince to say gold. At least say money. However, Schwartz rummages in his pocket.

I can say that Daifugō is a completely different game from Babanuki. I wonder if these two can swallow the rules quickly...... I took a deep breath and decided to explain the true Daifugō to the two.

5 minutes after I started to explain.

"Eh, can I take out this card right now?"

"Go ahead, go ahead,"

"Then I'll take out the joker."

"Ufufufu(giggle), go ahead, go ahead,"

The two suspiciously glanced at me who was smiling sweetly, no... meaningfully but eventually dropped their gaze to their hand.

Inside I was roaring with laughter but guise it with calmness.

To take out a joker in this opening stage!

Fuhaha, You bastards lose!

While laughing sardonically inside my heart, I steadily decrease my cards. I recognize that my rule explanation is malicious. Things like, 'do it like this' and 'do it like that'. I am not naive to say that. (Meaning she didn't teach them well.)