Episode 2: Healing Bites

It's a peaceful morning in Land's End Cavern, the small Oasis Town buzzing softly with its people waking for work. Within the middle of town, the clinic's sign turned from close to open. Dr Nathaniel stepped outside of the building with a coffee in hand. He took a sip from his mug as a velocimorphed Hoverbug flew over him, a slip of paper in its talon. The slug returned to its proto state, dropping the paper into between its teeth and landing on Nathaniel's shoulder.

"Oh! Hello there little one," Nathaniel greeted the slug with a head pat

"Oh! Hello there little one," Nathaniel greeted the slug with a head pat. "Is that letter for me?"

The Hoverbug nodded, holding the letter up to him. Nathaniel took the envelope from it. The moment the paper slipped from the little slug's mouth, the mischievous creature dived into the doctor's coffee, drinking the beverage.

"Hey! Get out of that," Nathaniel swatted the slug. "That's not good for you!"

The Hoverbug had already drunk the coffee dry, becoming jittery and explosively hyper. It flew off at an insane speed, leaving the doctor's hair with a blow dried look.

"Note... Hoverbugs and coffee create mass destruction..." Nathaniel mumbled. He tucked the letter under his arm to fix his hair.

The doctor returned inside the clinic, setting his cup down on the coffee table and sitting on one of the waiting couches. He was joined by his slugs, sleepily looking at him from the table. Nathaniel opened the letter, a smile appearing on his face.

"'To my father, Dr Nathaniel Serene and my guardian, Thrasos'," he beamed.

As if on cue of his name, the cloaked Shadow Clanner appears beside Nathaniel. He tilted his head at the doctor.

Nathaniel smiled at him, "Hello Thrasos, Mira has written a letter for us."

Thrasos nodded, resting on the couch to listen.

The doctor began to read, "'Hello father and Thrasos, I'm writing this letter to you both to tell you of my adventures I have had from this past week when you allowed me to join the Shane Gang. It has been quite a hectic time spent with Eli and his friends. Pronto had been teaching me many exercises about teamwork.'"

Pronto paced in front of Mira, hand on his chin, "To be a member of the Shane Gang, you must learn to be quick and vigilant!"

Mira wrote what Pronto said down in her notepad.

"You must be careful and sneaky... have a keen sense of direction!" the mole explained. He looked to Mira. "And most importantly?"

"Be kind to the slugs?" Mira answered unsure.

Pronto sputtered, "What? No, it's to help each other!" He held out his boots to Mira. "Here's your first help test."

Mira slowly took the boots from Pronto before gagging. "What slug defecated in your boots?" she asked disgusted.