Pregnancy And A Spy

Start from the beginning

He opened the door expecting Hayley to jump on him. He was slightly concerned when she did not.

‘Hayley where are you baby?’

No answer, strange he was sure he had seen her car outside. The car she has protested that he had brought her after she passed her test. Call him a protective husband he wanted to make sure that she was safe when she drove to and from school. Especially when he was not around to pick her up himself. He walked in to the kitchen. He found Hayley lying on the floor. Grabbing his phone for an ambulance. He was not expecting this when he came home tonight. He checked her pulse, she was still alive but the fear had gripped him. What had happened?

LNLNLN

Hayley’s eyes came into focus. She blinked where was she? She felt Lucas’ hand. She looked around, this was not her house that she was sure.

‘Where am I?’

‘The hospital’ he softly said, ‘not quite the welcome home I was expecting Mrs North’ Lucas kissed her, ‘You gave me the fright of my life’

‘I was cooking your welcome home dinner. I just remember feeling dizzy’ she looked confused. ‘I am sorry I scared you’

‘It’s okay the doctor will be here in the moment and then I can maybe take you home’

LNLNLN

‘Mrs North, it would seem that you had a hypo meaning that your blood sugar dropped dangerously low. Did you eat today?’

‘I missed lunch’

‘That’s not wise to do in your condition’

‘Sorry my condition. What condition?’

‘You’re Pregnant about ten weeks’

‘I can’t be pregnant…. I… Oh wait’ she tried to do the sums in her head, she had not had a period in the last few months but this was not unusual for her. Sometimes in time of stress she would not see it for months. And she had been stressed so she had not even thought that she was pregnant.

Lucas looked to Hayley and smiled, ‘Pregnant?’

‘Yes Mr North your wife is pregnant’ the doctor looked at both of them, ‘Hayley you will have to keep your blood sugar up. I can confirm it has now gone up enough to let you home so I will discharge you in a few minutes’ the doctor smiled and left them alone.

Lucas took Hayley’s hand and squeezed it, ‘Wow a baby’

‘My thoughts exactly. Are you happy?’

‘Hayley, I have never kept it a secret that I wanted to have children with you. I am over the moon. Always wanted a family, but I never thought I would. Now I am going to be a father’ Lucas brought his lips to hers. ‘I love you’

‘I love you too. I can’t believe I didn’t realise. Ten weeks Lucas how could I not know?  What the hell will that make me as a mother?’

‘You are going to be a fantastic mum’ Lucas smiled. ‘We will learn together. No matter what we shall get through it all together’

LNLNLN

Lucas opened the door to the house. ‘Well this was a little more than I thought tonight was going to go’

‘What me holding on to you after a trip to the hospital to find out that we are having a baby?’ Hayley smiled.

‘No I mean coming home to my beautiful wife. Us finding out that we are pregnant was an added bonus’ he held her to his chest.