𝙿 𝐫 𝚘 𝐥 𝚘 𝐠 𝚞 𝐞

┏━━━━━༻᪥༺━━━━━┓
𝙼 𝐢 𝚜 𝐬 𝚒 𝐨 𝚗
┗━━━━━༻᪥༺━━━━━┛

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙈𝙄𝘿𝙉𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉 mutes the normally fiery-red tapestries and thick, gold-trimmed curtains throughout the corridors of the Fire Nation palace, the only sound coming from just one of the many empty halls deep in the heart of the structure is the echo of a sleepily determined Iroh II's tapping feet and the outdoor night time chatter through the open windows. Even in the dark hours of the night, the air is thick with humidity, but the breeze he creates from his brisk pace keeps his shirt flowing with his movements and unslicked to his body.

Fire Lord Zuko summoned his grandson to the war chambers to discuss, in his words, "extremely important, incredibly urgent" information from the United Nations Council and the White Lotus, relating to the Avatar. As the only soldier to receive confidential instruction directly from the world leaders, there is no telling whether the young fire bender's hands shook from excitement, or nerves over his capability to carry out whatever it is his grandfather would be assigning him.

Iroh dedicated his entire life preparing for the day he'd join the United Forces, previously led by Lord Zuko. On his fifteenth birthday, after years of endless hours in training polishing his striking combinations and fine-tuning his fire bending to perfection, he was finally sworn into the navy. When he turns eighteen, upon Commander Bumi's retirement and Iroh's clear potential to go down in history as one of the greatest leaders in the United Nations Forces, they would promote him to commander of the second fleet and secure the title as the youngest in history to take such a position. He worked his way up quickly, his grandfather's guidance and trust in him fueled his aspirations to follow his steps in keeping the citizens of the United Republic safe. And now, here he is, eagerly quickening his pace down the narrow hallway that leads to the spiral stairs descending to the map room. Winding down the steps, Iroh faces the mahogany wood and iron-wrought door; standing just on the other side of a private mission that could change the course of his entire career. Is this something he is ready for?

The fire bender knocks three times before entering, slowly shutting the arced door behind him. The stuffy room basks in an orange glow coming from the stone wall lined with flames that each stood about a foot tall, illuminating the dust and heating the space to an uncomfortable temperature. Above the heat source, a large red tapestry displaying a Fire Nation symbol hangs from the wall. In the middle of the room sits the semi-circle table made of the same worn dark wood as the door with a world map etched and painted into the surface where figurines of battle ships and soldiers scattered about.

Upon his arrival, Zuko smiles as warm as the fires behind him and nods to the boy. "Ah, grandson. Good evening, yes?"

"I hope I didn't keep you waiting at all."

"Not at all. Come, sit." The Fire Lord nods his head and motions with his hand for Iroh to take the seat next to him. Iroh hurries over and settles into a chair as best as he could despite his restless nerves. In the same breath his grandfather folds his hands on the table, an reminiscent expression crosses the elder's face... one that twists with fear before the clouds part from his eyes.

Zuko begins with a huff. "I am sorry to summon you at such a late hour. It is times like this where I feel as though I can't even trust my own palace staff... but you, grandson, I see nothing but a perfect balance of myself and Uncle in you—may he rest in peace." With another heavy sigh, he continues. "Now, to get straight to business, I don't want to keep you too long, and we truly cannot waste any time. You may be too young to remember the rumors of there being a second Avatar, and to put it simply, the rumors are true, son. It is true, and there are people out there that are beginning to realize this, but we must keep it at that: a rumor. Amon and his men have uncovered her most recent location and have taken her as prisoner, we don't have much time before he tells the whole world of her existence. Now, I'm assigning your team to track down Amon and bring her home... though your honor will remain throughout, unlike myself when I was your age," he finishes jokingly, referring to his own devotion to capturing the past Avatar.