27 | Waiting Room

Start from the beginning

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing obnoxiously. I realized I had fell asleep in Eren's bed and his heavy arm was wrapped around my waistline, limiting my movements. I stretched my arm out as far as I could, ultimately reaching my buzzing phone.

Checking the time, it was three in the morning and I had missed about a dozen calls from Historia. I dialed in her number, returning her call. She had answered faster than I could've ever imagined.

"Historia, why in the hell are you calling me at three in the morning?" I asked, grumpy.

"Goodmorning to you too. I need you to come to the hospital, right now." She stated in a serious tone that frightened me within mere seconds.

"What!? Why? Is everything okay? Are you okay?" I questioned loud and abruptly, causing Eren to wake up. My heart was dropping each and every second that passed.

"I'll explain the details once you get here. Just hurry, please." She said, hanging up before I could even respond.

"What's going on?" Eren asked, his voice slightly muffled.

"Historia told me to meet her at the hospital, so that's where I'm going." I explained, getting up from his bed and anxiously putting on my clothes and shoes.

"Hospital? Why in the fuck are you going to the hospital?" He said, sitting up from his bed.

"I'm not exactly sure. She said she would tell me the details once I get there." I responded.

"I'm coming with you." He said, jumping out his bed to get dressed along side me.

"Let's go, we're taking my mom's car. We're not walking anywhere this damn late." He grabbed my hand and we rushed downstairs. He grabbed his mom's keys from the counter and we exited out the house.

The closer we were to the hospital, the more anxious I was beginning to feel. The entire car ride was just me biting my nails to the point they started bleeding.

"Stop that. Everything's going to be fine." Eren said, smacking my hand away from my mouth.

I looked over at him, "How can you be so sure?" I questioned, rapidly tapping my foot.

"I'm not sure, but I know that each and every one of them are tough." He said, giving me a relieving smile and placing his free hand on my inner thigh.

We had finally arrived at Shiganshina hospital. Eren found a parking spot close enough to the front entrance. I hopped out of the car and practically sprinted to the entrance, Eren following close behind me.

Eren and I pushed our way through the seemingly never-endless double doors, until we had finally reached the noiseless waiting room. Everyone was here, besides Jean. No one acknowledged Eren and I's arrival, they were either pacing back and forth rather anxiously or fidgeting around in the closely situated chairs. Everyone's faces were unreadable, but their skin was undoubtedly pale.

Historia approached me, her voice was low and not as perky as it usually is.

"What's going on!? What happened? Why is Jean not here?" I queried apprehensively, asking question after question.