𝐢𝐱. bewitching

Start from the beginning

Tom would've been much more pleased with the seating plan if it weren't for the fact that Arthur was sat right opposite her.

"I assume Mr Malfoy and Miss Black are on their way?" Slughorn asked, his attention on Lilith who gave him one of her gracious smiles that could make any man melt.

"They were so thrilled with the invitation I'm sure they would never miss it." She said. Tom knew it was a lie. Some were bitter about not getting an invitation but no one was ever 'thrilled.' But he knew that she knew it would boost Slughorns ego and eventually work in her favour.

Once Cassiopeia and Abraxas had arrived and taken their seats, slightly more flushed then Tom had seen them a mere hour ago, Slughorn allowed the dinner to commence. In the brief few minutes when the Professor's attention was not on them, Tom leant towards Lilith.

"Stay back after the dinner." He told her as she took a sip of the muggle wine Slughorn had proudly purchased for the evening. 

"What will we be doing?" She asked. When she spoke he could smell the wine on her lips and it was an oddly intoxicating scent even though it was a muggle invention. He had not liked the taste but he wondered what it would taste like on her lips.

"Horcruxes." Tom said lowly, cutting into his steak. "We are interested students, aren't we darling?"

"Of course." Lilith said,  turning her eyes down into her wine glass clearly avoiding eye contact with someone across the table. Tom nearly scoffed at her weakness until he saw Arthur Dolohov's eyes burning holes into the two across from him.

Arthur Dolohov was very clearly obsessed with Lilith Rosier. Tom had clocked that from the first day, after all he was not stupid, and had immediately disliked the boy. He had voiced his thoughts to Lilith many years ago at the creation of the knights of Walpurgis but she had convinced him that he would be a worthy asset. 

Sometimes he truly regretted listening to her.

Now Dolohov stared at the woman to Tom's left with a hunger in his eyes Tom recognised all too well. He did not like it one bit and it would not go on. Not in his presence and not when it was directed to her.

Dolohov seemingly felt Tom's searing glare directed his way and met his eyes. In this moment, Arthur Dolohov apparently did not care that the man in front of him was the same one he had sworn undying allegiance to and in that moment the two were just men. Two men after a woman. 

Both willing to do whatever it took to have her on their side.

·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

The sun had set quickly through the windows of Slughorn's chambers and soon enough it was time for the students to take their leave. Most left quickly, desperate to be away from mindless chatter that Slughorn enjoyed until eventually Lilith and Tom were left alone. Still seated at the table.

"Tom, Lilith." Slughorn said, turning away from the door where he had bid everyone adieu to face them. "To what do I owe the prolonged pleasure?"

"We thought perhaps you could help us with something, Professor." Lilith said, Tom heard her voice change slightly and her eyes widen a fraction but it was the perfect facade to manipulate the older man and he was suddenly glad he had asked her to stay behind.