127. a sense of normality

Maria kicks the back of his knee gently making it buckle under him and he grabs the sink to stop himself from stumbling into her. She smiles, rinsing her toothbrush and sticking her to ur out at him, exiting the bathroom.

  After a few hours of procrastinating, the two finally got showered and dressed, strolling downstairs and being greeted with Remus, Sirius and Mary already sat in the living room with glasses of wine in their hands.

"Yeah, make yourselves at home." Maria says sarcastically as they all turn to the couple simultaneously, grinning sheepishly.

"Oh, come over here!" Mary beckons her over, shuffling up on the sofa and Maria lets go of Regulus' hand, wasting no time and slouching onto the sofa beside the curly haired girl. "Oh my gosh!" She beams, placing her hands on either side of Maria's growing stomach.

Eventually, all of the marauders had arrived along with Stanley and Alyssa. After the greetings, they'd almost naturally split into boys and girls, on either side of the room. Lily and James had allowed Lily's parents to take care of Harry overnight for the first time in his three months of life. Alyssa's stomach has grown slightly more than Maria's and the two are just glad that they're not going through it all with nobody to relate to.

"Did they tell you how far along you are?" Lily asks Maria who nods, sipping her orange juice and shooting Regulus a glare as he boastingly gulps down some wine.

"Four months." She utters bitterly, still staring at Regulus who's now laughing at something that Remus had said to them. "I'm already fed up of not being able to have fun."

"It only gets worse, honey." Mary comments, grinning into her wine glass and Maria groans, throwing her head back against the armchair.

"Enlighten us, Reg." Sirius holds his arms out, beginning to light a cigarette that James smacks out of his hands incredulously. "What?!"

"There's not one, but two, pregnant ladies in here, Padfoot!" He scoffs in disbelief and Remus looks at Sirius pointedly making him hold his middle finger up at the werewolf.

"Anyway." Sirius shoots James a glare. "How much more annoying is little Prongsette now that she's pregnant with your child?"

"I can hear you." Maria calls from the other side of the living room making Alyssa collapse in a fit of laughter beside her. "You're all very loud."

"Oh yeah, ten times worse." Regulus replies, purposefully louder than Sirius and Maria doesn't look towards them as she flips them off over her shoulder. "No, it's been alright actually."

"Just wait, mate." James chuckles, slouching further into his seat and taking a swig from his beer bottle. "Lily almost fractured my hand, and I wish that was an overreaction."

"I'm never having kids." Remus shudders slightly and James shrugs his shoulders.

"It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be." The Potter states and Peter raises his eyebrows.

"Is that cause Lily does all the hard parts?" The Pettigrew chuckles and Sirius gasps proudly, high fiving the blonde who's now receiving glares from James.

"I prefer being the cool uncle." Sirius shrugs, grinning slightly at Regulus. "Your child is going to have so much fun, it'll wish it lived with me instead."