Belonging

Akaza settled into daily life as a demon quite well, with the help of Muzan, Michikatsu, and Tamayo. He slowly got used to being up during the night and sleeping during the day, not to mention having to consume blood every day to ensure that he did not die. 

   Akaza also befriended a couple of slayers, and quickly became accepted as a part of the Repressed Slayer Corps. As a demon, he had great strength, stamina, and speed, so it was not necessary for Akaza to train in Total Concentration Breathing, but that is what he did anyways. He did not, however, learn any breathing styles, but instead opted to help the slayers train in  hand-to-hand combat. 

   Then, Akaza met a young blonde-haired man by the name of Ryuichi Rengoku, who was struggling to develop the breathing technique known as Flame Breathing. Due to the similar nature of Akaza's fighting style and the style of Flame Breathing, Akaza was able to assist in the development of three new forms of Flame Breathing. Akaza also became close friends with Ryuichi in the process. As time went on, Akaza stuck by Ryuichi and watched the flame breather grow in his abilities. 

   Akaza and Michikatsu became fast friends when they first met, Akaza being drawn to Michikatsu's strength. Akaza learned sword skills from Michikatsu, and in turn, taught Michikatsu to fight bare-handed, should the need to do so arise. 

   Akaza also helped out Tamayo with preparing medicine and healing the injured slayers. Practicing in surgical abilities not only increased Akaza's usefulness on a battlefield for being able to patch up fellow slayers, but also trained Akaza to resist attacking and killing humans if he smelled their blood. Tamayo took a huge liking to the pink-haired demon and grew a soft spot for him. 

   And of course, Akaza grew close to Muzan too. The demon king became a father figure to Akaza, whose father had been too sickly to do the normal things a father would do with his kid. Muzan fulfilled his role well, taking Akaza on missions with him to not only train the demon but to also bond with him over their travels. Muzan also mentored Akaza in general combat skills and martial arts, since Muzan had done martial arts as a child in an attempt to strengthen his weak body. 

   All in all, Akaza adjusted wonderfully to his new lifestyle. And for once in his entire lifetime, he felt completely at peace. This was where Akaza belonged. 

---------------------------------------

Michikatsu: See! Told you that you'd fit in well!

Akaza: Yay! People actually like me! 

Michikatsu: Yes, they really do! Now time for a Taisho secret! 

Akaza: I'm a family friend to the Rengokus now! Ryuichi's kids are so cute!

Michikatsu: One of them has orange and red hair! How strange. 

Akaza: That IS weird. The mother and the father don't have orange or red hair, so why? 

Michikatsu: Not sure. Next time on Empathy, Muzan is going on another mission!

Akaza: And I'm coming along! He said we'll be staying at a temple thing during the mission.

Michikatsu: Good luck on your mission then, Akaza! Stay safe.

Akaza: I will!