'Close Encounters of the Spider kind'

Start from the beginning

Y/n: HRMPFH!?

???: I-IT'S YOU!! I-I never thought I'd–!

Tony: WHOA THERE?!

Y/n's two closest friends had just finished their toast and returned to the living room to see Y/n get face puffed by someone who had, just a few hours earlier, tried to melt Y/n's entire face off. Granted, it was when she was in a rageful rampage of heat at the time, but they still did not trust this individual.

Melanie: GET AWAY FROM HIM!!

The aspiring designer bravely wielded a piece of toast as a weapon against the dangerous flame manipulator whilst Tony... only held his wrist watch out for some reason?

Tony: I don't know if you know this lady, but you tried to burn my friend before and damn near got close to achieving that goal, I ain't about to let it happen again.

He presses a button on the wrist watch and our boy Y/n had to supress the urge to gape at the small yet technologically advanced wrist mounted turret, complete with laser guiding system, unfurl and come out of the watch.

Y/n: When the hell did Tony have time to make something like that?!? Nevermind, got to ease them up first. WOAH, WOAH! Watch where you point that thing!!

Tony lets his arm fall to his side, as he had his entire arm facing both the girl and Y/n.

Tony: Sorry, just- taking precautions dude.

Melanie simply put the toast back in her mouth. Truly the fearsome warrior.

Melanie: *Harrumphs but in Toast*

Y/n faces down at the girl who hugged him in fright. He tapped her on the back, signaling that he wants to talk. She looks up to him as he smiled, wanting to reassure this weird, fire-catching, random person hugging, girl.

Y/n: Uh, sorry about that. My friends think they can replace my parents hehe.

Y/n: And speaking of parents.... Hey, sorry for this sudden question but um, do you know someone named D/n? Does that happen to be the name of your parent?

???: ....I.. don't know...

Y/n: Oh sorry, I should be asking this instead, do you remember what happened before you woke up today? I mean, like hours ago?

Tony: Yeah, like when you were on fire, and almost killed innocent people?

Y/n: Not helping dude.

He had to check if her transformation messed with her memories. A classic power cliche.

???: I remember... being scared and... angry..

Y/n: And? What else?

???: *focused expression* Uhm.. I– oh! I think I remember an explosion and then a portal opened... then when I came to, I ended up in New York...

She suddenly had her eyes wide open.

???: But... not my New York. Erm, this might not make sense, but I think I'm in another dimension. *mumbles* So that's why you look like this, huh.

Melanie: What's she saying?

Tony and Mel had calmed down by now, as they realized this girl was just lost and they were being unrightfully hostile towards her.

But the two still held a glimmer of mistrust in their eyes and Y/n recognized that.

Y/n: Hey, could you speak up a bit, my friends want to hear what you have to say.

???: Erm, you might not believe me, but you should listen to me, please. I... think you're my dad. From another world.

A few seconds of silence pass. Then...