Chapter 2.

Harry was hiccuping and sobbing as he noticed the tall man with dark hair hovering over him, he sniffled and wiped his eyes as he instantly moved out of Poppy's lap, the boy was frightened, staring up at his professor with glassy eyes.

Poppy frowned slightly. "Right my boy, cmon, let's get you in a nappy and change you into something more suitable mm? After that you can pick out a nice surprise!" She said and hoped that would cheer him up, using her wand to bring over some thick nappies, covered in animal print, and a babygrow that would be clipped over his nappy with snappers, to make changes a lot easier, for both Harry and the person changing him.

Harry was visibly disagreeing with this. "N-No no I can take care of myself!! I can control my bladder I don't need a nappy! I'm 16!" He said in an almost panic, he couldn't think about the fact he could be loosing control of his bladder, this stressed him out quite severely. Madam Pomfrey signed slightly, gently rubbing Harry's back. "I know kiddo but this is procedure for every little, we can't go around and have you wetting yourself now can we. Now lay down for me sweetheart, I'll be quick I promise." She smiled softly down at him.

Harry shook his head and was trying to get away, tears forming heavily in his eyes as he panicked, trying to scramble away from madam Pomfrey, he wasn't about to be forced into a nappy, let alone stripped in front of her and his professor, no way.

Severus sighed slightly and grabbed Harry's wrist, alarming the boy, however he tried to be as kind and gentle as he could, despite his
Cold and slightly sarcastic usual tone. "Harry, you need to let Poppy put the nappy on you. If you don't you'll be either held down by force and with a spell or you'll be spanked for misbehaving, do I make myself clear?" He said slightly bluntly, though there was a twinge of seriousness and even lightness to his voice, which managed to slightly calm Harry down, though he was still very upset and sniffly about it, bright red and ashamed.

Harry laid there as still as he could get his body to stay, tears streaming down his face as he was completely stripped down, a nappy slid underneath his bum and the tapes were done up snuggly after some baby powder was applied, though one thing that made poppy smile slightly was the fact Harry had held onto snapes hand the entire time, this just melted her heart. She chuckled quietly to herself as she slid the babygrow onto Harry, doing the little snappers up over his nappy , she smiled and pat his butt gently. The babygrow was a pretty l pastel green colour, with little coloured dinosaurs spread all over.

Snape let out a small chuckle, which had surprised them both in a way. "See that wasn't so bad now was it?" He said in an almost sarcastic or even slightly demeaning tone, which made Harry go even more red than he already was. He sat slightly upright in his hospital bed and pulled the covers over his bottom half, very embarrassed over the fact the nappy was so thick, he couldn't even close his legs, yet he still hadn't let go of snapes hand, and didn't really want to either, it was almost comforting for the boy, especially during such a big change in his life.

Poppy smiled at this, making a mental note of telling dumbledore to consider Severus as Harry's caregiver when it was being decided. "Now sweet pea, come with me and we'll get you sorted your surprise hm!" Harry was cautious, but he slowly nodded as he got out of bed, still having a firm grip on his professors hand.

Snape decided just to let him, he had never been a big fan of 'the golden boy' yet in his heart he couldn't help but feel guilt for the boy, he had looked so frightened and he felt terrible for him, so if this was this was what helped the boy he would happily oblige.

Harry shyly bit his lip as poppy took him to a room filled with things any little could want, blankies, dummy's, bottles, and especially stuffies. Harry was told by Madam Pomfrey That he could take one thing from every pile, though he was very shy, almost frozen in slight fear, he was overwhelmed by all the choices, he has never been offered anything like this before, not ever, so it was a big thing for him to be told he could have almost anything.

Suddenly Snape gently crouched down to Harry's height and placed a slightly awkward but comforting hand on his shoulder. "Do you want me to help you pick little one?" Harry blushed at the name and nodded slowly. "I'm not little..." he muttered to Snape, before holding his hand as waddled over to look at the blankies first, feeling all of the materials before he was instantly drawn to a slytherin green blankie, with the slytherin crest on the corner, the fabric was incredibly soft, that's what drew Harry to it, he shyly pulled it out of the pile and held it close to his chest as he walked around the room with Snape.

After about 35 minutes Harry was sat in his hospital bed once again, holding his blankie closely, along with a kitten stuffie and a pastel green dummy, and he still refused to let go of snapes hand, he was clearly attached and felt comforted by this, quite a lot.

Madam Promfrey smiled slightly and had prepared a bottle of warm milk for the new child, shimming softly. "Alright little sweet pea, come here for your bottle and then it'll be a nap for you." Harry pouted and shook his head, almost about to start crying again, which had become a regular thing for the boy within the last two hours. Madam pomfrey sighed slightly and handed the bottle to Severus gently. "Here, you feed him Severus dear." She smiled and left him, deciding that it would be better for Harry to have some privacy while he was in such a vulnerable state.

Harry looked up as Severus held the bottle of warm milk, however he didn't fight it now when the Ravenette adjusted the small boy into an almost awkward cradling position, holding the silicone nipple of the bottle up to the small boys lips.

Harry was cautious, and rightfully so, even when he was young and lived with the Dursley's he was offered bottles and sippy cups, yet when he accepted it lead to a beating. However, slowly he leant into snapes arms, starting to suckle from the bottle, comforted by the older man's scent, he smelt like vanilla and a slight hint of coffee, he began to slowly rest his eyes, though from the mixture of feeling so safe and the comfort of his professor he began to drift off in his arms.

————————————————————-
Poppy reappeared a little while after Harry had fallen asleep, smiling. "I think you've found your little Severus."