Silence was heard after that incident. They both looked at each other and nodded. They knew they should talk about their relationship this time.

They are in the veranda facing each other. With coffee on the table. 

"So how are you?" Irene said. This will be the first time she'll be asking her husband ever since their confrontation at Jake's burial mass.

"Fine. No. Guilt is still eating me." Greggy honestly said as he can't even face his wife.

"I'm sorry. Irene sorry. I did not mean to hurt our daughter. Hindi ko nacontrol ang sarili ko. Thing were running in my head. Napuno ako. Sobrang mali na nasaktan ko ang anak natin. Im so sorry." Greggy said as his voice cracked. 

"Nang dahil sa ginawa ko, ni hindi man kita naalagaan. Hindi ko man lang natulungan ang anak natin na alagaan ka. I'm so sorry hon. I'm really sorry." He sobbed. His voice is full of sincerity. Irene was startled when his sobs became louder. She carefully stand up ang hugged him. 

"T-tahan na. I know. I know. Shhh sweetheart please. Tama na." Irene said and cupped his face.

"I'm sorry if I needed to go. I just needed some time to think. I'm sorry kung hindi tayo nakapag grieve together. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." she uttered while tears are falling down her eyes.

"Our daughter needed you. You needed each other. And what's important to me is that the both of you are ok and close again. Ok na ako dun." He sniffed.

"But you also needed me sweetheart. And I'm sorry I was not there for you. I'm sorry my love. I'm deeply sorry." Irene said as she kissed her husband's lips. 

"I was selfish. I'm sorry." Irene sobbed as she caress her husband's face. Greggy  just shook his head. 

"I'm sorry for hurting the both of you. Sorry kasi, kasi wala ako nung panahong dapat ako poprotekta sainyo. Sorry kasi I didn't even listen to my daughter. I was so selfish that time. I let my anger eat me, my emotions take over me. Sorry hon. I am so sorry." Irene can't say anything. She just hugged her husband. 

"It's all ok. Dun sa isang tao tayo dapat mag sorry. We should make bawi." Irene said and kissed her husband's lips. 

A week has passed and Cassandra is still distancing herself to everyone in the household.  We can't blame her as the people around her reached the peak of her patience. She just got home from school and went straight to her room. Not minding seeing her parents nor her brothers. Irene knew why and she told Greggy that they needed to talk to Cassy right now. As they were preparing some snacks that they will bring to their daughter's room, an unexpected phone call came in. Greggy picked up the phone and put it in the loudspeaker. It was Atty. Lauren Montelano. Their Lawyer. 

"Take note.  I don't know anything about law. So in this case, this is what I only know and gawa gawa. This is fiction. Anything can happen hihi. Yon laaaaaang!"

"Hello Greggy?"

"Yes atty?"

"Ok... I know that the both of you know that Rachelle's case is strong right?"

"Hmm yes. Yes."

"At wala pa sa tamang edad ang bata."

"Oo."

"Ok, so if that's the case alam nating maaring kayong ibaliktad ni Rachelle dahil sa mga ginawa ni Cassandra hindi ba?"

"Yes."

"So if that's the case, I'll let you choose. Cassy's case or Celeste's case?" she asked that left the couple dumbfounded. 

"What? Kailangan ba naming mamili?"

"This is just a what if Greggy. We still don't know what's gonna happen." They sighed. Lauren then ended the call. Unbeknownst to their knowledge Cassy heard it. She was hiding at their living room.

"Tangina talaga." Greggy cursed. Irene went to him and hugged him.

"Mahina nga ata talaga kaso natin kay Celeste hon."

"Paano to hon? I want you to decide. Yung hindi ka masasaktan." Greggy said.

"Cassandra. My Cassandra. Maybe it's time for Celeste to be with her biological Mom? Kasi kahit anong anggulo tignan the court will go with Rachelle." Irene said as her tears fall.

"I want to give justice to my daughter and my son. I want to win that case Greggy." Irene said and sobbed.

"Ok. Ok hon." Greggy just agreed. He knows this will happen and he prepared his self for this.

"Why? Why me?" Cassy can't help it and appeared to her parents. Her eyes are puffy, nose is pink, and tears are falling down.

"A-anak."

"Choose Celeste. I'm fine. Ako ang magpapaubaya ako ang mas matanda. Choose her." Cassy said.

"No. No. Hindi!" Irene disagreed. She went to her daughter and wiped her tears.

"Mom. Choose her. Bata lang siya." Irene hugged her daughter. She was so selfless.

"You always choose other people. Inuuna mo ang kapakanan ng  lahat kesa sa sarili mo. No. This time ikaw ang ipagtatanggol ko. Anak hindi pwedeng palampasin ko to. You always choose mommy's safety and good. And it is my responsibility to protect you. Anak, hindi na mapapalampas ni Mommy to. You are too selfless to do this. Magkatigasan na tayo hindi papayag si Mommy. Para sa justice niyo ni Jake ang ipaglalaban ko. Ok?"

"How about Celeste?" Irene broke their hug and cupped her cheeks.

"Celeste will be ok. She'll be ok." Irene assured her daughter as she kissed her forehead.

"Ikaw naman ang pipiliin ni Mommy. Ikaw naman anak. Mahal na mahal kita. Mahal ka namin." Irene said as she wiped her daughter's cheeks that are now red and gave her a tight hug.

"I love you so much Mommy." she whisphered.

"I love you more, mahal ko." Irene said and kissed her daughter's forehead.

'Katulad ng kumpas, maligaw ka man ng landas basta dala mo ito makakarating ka sa tinatamo mong destinasyon. Isang tao ang tutulong sayo para mapunta ka sa tamang landas. Katulad ng kumpas siya ang magiging gabay mo sa napaka gulong mundo. Your "kumpas" will always be your safest person. Treasure them.' - @x_csmia

Author's Note:Hello I'm back! And that's for chapter 23! 2 chapters nalang and I'm done. Thank you for waiting! This is my promise na. Short update lang. Sa next update na ako babawi ok? Thank you for 24.7k reads loves! 1k reads nga masaya na ako noon eh haha! Thank you for the love! See you next chapter!

- C 🌸