𝕊𝕚𝕩

2:00 PM came around and Miriam came in for her shift.

"I had so much fun last night! We should do that more often, minus the hangover!" Miriam said as she put her hand on your shoulder.

"Yea we should! I gotta go though, nice seeing ya Miriam!" You say as you clock out and hand her the keys.

The moment the door shuts behind you, you call Ran.

"I don't think she remembers, she just said she had a lot of fun and we should drink together more often, I think we're safe." You say quickly.

"I'll tell Rindou, thanks for telling me." Ran says as he quickly hangs up.

You walk a few blocks to where your bike is parked just to make sure it didn't remind Miriam. You start it up and quickly head home. You get home and a letter is placed on the floor in front of the door.

"Coffee, 3:30, Starbucks on 10th and 72nd." In Rindou's handwriting.

Ran's home by now, his shift ends at 1 so if he's not home nobody knows where he is them. You walk over to his apartment and knock on the door.

Silence.

Knock knock knock.

You hear the lock click and the door opens.

"Have you ever heard of a nap?" Ran says when he opens the door.

"This is Rindou's handwriting right?" You say as you hold the note out.

"Hell if I know, here let me compare it then." To which he take it out of your hand and walks into the apartment. He opens up a notebook with Rindou writing. Every letter has the same handwriting.

"Looks like his, but doesn't sound like him. Whatever you want to do." Ran says as he hands the note back to you.

"Thanks Ran! Appreciate it!" You say as you run out of his apartment.

You head back to your apartment. Are you really gonna go? Sure why the hell not, he better pay for your drink though. You go in the bathroom and fix anything to make sure you look alright. You throw on a pair of vans and head out with your helmet in hand. Rindou's bike is gone, probably already out and about.

"This isn't like you! Please stop" Rindou shouted from 20 feet away.

And my therapist is supposed to help with these flashbacks, well he doesn't. He says it's a trauma response. I enjoyed it, it isn't trauma. You throw your leg over you bike and put your helmet on. Key in the egnition.

"10th and 72nd here I come" you mumble to yourself.

It was 3PM when you set off so you should get there a bit early. You pull up to the Starbucks and take off your helmet. You look into the Starbucks and see Rindou sitting there at a table with someone else.

You waltz in and sit down across from him. Now that you're closer you recognize the other person. Hanma.

"Shouldn't Ran be here as well?" You say as you sit down, knowing this is business and not a date.

"This doesn't involve him actually." Hanma says.

"Wasn't talking to you, you never do anything without Ran so shouldn't he be here?" You say, putting your pointer finger up in Hanma's direction, shushing him.

"No, Ran is not needed here." Rindou finally says.

"This one's got quite the attitude." Hanma says to Rindou.

"So why am I here, make it quick I have an appointment soon." You say.

"You are not going to the Walhalla vs Toman fight." Rindou says.

"Rindou. For the last fucking time, I can hold my own and not to mention I've killed over twice as many people you and your brother have combined." You say in a shushed voice bent over the table.

"That's why Hanma is here." Rindou says pointing to the man next to him.

"Rindou is paying me good cash to keep you away from the fight." Hanma pipes up.

"Well, he's not gonna be paying you much longer, so fuck off." You say as you get up from your seat.

"Sit back down hangman." Hanma says in a snake like voice.

You sit back down, ready to discuss.

"Rindou, you can pay him all you want, but I'm going to the fight as long as you and Ran are, suck it up." You say.

"Hanma is allowed to use physical force to keep you from the fight." Rindou says calmly.

"Yea and? If I can beat up you and Ran, Hanma can't be any more difficult." You say, trying to stab both Hanma and Rindou with your words.

"You sure can try." Hanma teases.

"Fuck you both." You say as you walk out the store. You didn't even buy a drink. Hanma tails you like a dog but a few unlucky stoplights for him and he lost you completely. By now, you're in Toman territory. Atleast you can guarantee they won't look for you there.

"Now you and I both know you don't belong this far north hangman." You hear a deep voice say as you dismount your bike.

A/N evil me with cliffhangers! Hope you enjoyed!