"The Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton and Miss Eloise Bridgerton." The announcer said before her and her mother came in. She looked completely pale and you could hear scared whimpers exit her lips. She took one singular step before the servant of the Queen's came into the room with a pamphlet.

Lady Whistledown.

"What is the meaning of this?" The Queen said before looking down at paper practically shoved into her face. She smiled and chuckled lightly. She grabbed it quickly. "I've seen enough." She said, getting up from her seat and leaving.

"Does this mean I can go?" Eloise asked, backing up slowly. "I don't know what this means." Violet said, behind her. Eloise booked it and left the room immediately.

Dearest gentle reader,

Did you miss me?

As the members of our esteemed ton lazily sojourned in their rustic retreats, this author was doing one thing. Honing my skills. Or should I say, hatching my plans?

No, even better. I was sharpening my knives... for all of you.

Questions abound as this author's identity and means. Seeking those answers shall prove fruitless, indeed. There is, of course, another unknown identity at present.

Though this one you will be able to unearth. I speak of the season's diamond, wherever she may be. And since the Queen chose two jewels... who is her ruby? Your move, Your Majesty.

Eloise practiced her waltzing skills with Gregory as Francesca played happily on the piano. But, Eloise did fumble quite a bit, Benedict watched on the couch as he sketched his book. Hyacinth sat on a couch across from him, and watched Eloise stumble again.

The dance instructor nearby was desperately trying to keep the girl in rhythm.

"I do not think she is very good." Hyacinth exclaimed, looking over at Benedict. "I believe she can hear you." He said. Eloise looked right at Hyacinth.

"I can hear you." She said, before accidentally stepping Gregory's foot. He winced and they stopped dancing. "Ow! Watch my feet!" He said. Eloise turned to look at her mother with a look of genuine irritation.

"Might we be done?" She asked. "If you are to catch the queen's eye after that interruption, you must be perfection." Violet said, making Benedict's head shoot up. "Might we not use that word in these walls? Some of us cannot handle the weight of people's expectations." He said, looking back down at his foot.

"Thank you, Benedict." Eloise said, looking directly at her mother. Suddenly, Anthony had waltzed in like he was in a hurry. "Was anyone else aware that Colin has devils to add Albania or some such place to his itinerary as he gads about the world." He said, looking around at his siblings.

Eloise continued to practice dancing. "No. But happy for him that he can simply decide to do that." She said, stopping her practice and going to sit down. Violet looked over at her eldest son. "Joining us for tea, Anthony?" She asked.

"Uh, I'm afraid I must pass. Too many calls on my funds today. Now that the season has started, I shall need to fill your coffers at the modiste and oversee the hiring of extra staff. And your ring. When you get the chance, I shall need it. The fields by Ferryhallow. I was thinking we might hold off on leasing them due to the hard frost."