Prologue

Once upon a time-- are we really starting this story with once upon a time? Such a clichè. But we're going to roll with it. Once upon a time, there was a witchlet named Edalyn Clawthorne. She was a bright young lady, smart and cunning and confident. And caring, but afraid to show it. One day, she fell victim to a terrible curse in which her body and mind were inhabited by a beast with the appearance of an owl, at the hands of her own sister, Lilith.

It's a bit funny if you think about it, because you see, it was actually an accident. Lilith had been trying to save her Venus Flytrap from dying by using a plant spell… Let's just say she read the wrong scroll. And now Edalyn goes into a rage every time she feels strong emotional distress.

So ever since then, Edalyn -- better known as Eda the Owl Lady -- lived in isolation. She found a castle in the middle of nowhere in Latissa, and she remained there for several years, completely alone, so nobody would have to deal with the effects of her curse.

The only way to break the curse was for someone to love Eda exactly as she was despite the curse. Someone who was brave enough to tame the beast, so to speak. Should that be achieved, Eda would get to live free of the curse.

But Eda had pretty much accepted the idea that it was never going to happen– Who could ever love a beast?

Little did Eda know, one day someone would walk into her life and prove her wrong.

This is the story of Raine Whispers and Edalyn Clawthorne; the kind, gentle bard whose smile could light up a room, and the cursed wild witch afraid of falling in love with someone she can't have– The Bard And The Owl.