27. Guilt and Healing, Part I

Beginne am Anfang

"Are you at least taking care of yourselves when you have sex? Using oils to ease the way? If you're dry fucking each other...."

"We're really not doing that. We've never even discussed it." He was quite sure that he was blushing all the way to his feet.

"You two were just sleeping in that bed all this time?" Wen Qing barked a laugh. "I guess I owe A'Ning money. I was so sure that third morning when A'Xian limped in to breakfast."

Could his blush deepen any further? "He tripped over his clothes that he refused to hang up properly and twisted his ankle."

"That sounds like something he'd do." Wen Qing laughed a relieved sounding laugh. "I'll give you a book and some oil. Both of you read the book carefully before you have sex. Use the oil every time. And I mean every single time. If you run out, you stay out until you get more. Do you understand?"

"Mmm."

"Spring books can give you ideas on positions, but they're not very good on cleanliness and about how to keep yourself from being hurt during the act." She glared again, just to get her point across. "Now. Go meditate and heal yourself from your latest bout of idiocy. We need you whole and hale in case those Jin decide to attack."

Lan WangJi went. That was perhaps the most embarrassing conversation he'd ever had in his entire life.

 That was perhaps the most embarrassing conversation he'd ever had in his entire life

Wei WuXian was bored. Bored, bored, bored. Just because of a teensy, tiny, itty-bitty stab wound that barely destroyed a vital organ. And it only slightly ripped open a gap in his intestine spilling only part of their contents into his stomach cavity. No big deal, right? Strong cultivators survived worse! Just look at ZeWu-Jun! Stabbed right through the lung and three days later, he was up and walking around. Not very fast and he wouldn't be doing any sword forms for a few weeks, mind you, but walking!

Wen Qing bitingly reminded him that he was no longer a strong cultivator and threatened to move her needles to paralyze his facial muscles so he wouldn't be able to talk if he didn't shut up about it.

He shut up about it.

He was still bored!

Nie MingJue was not bored. Or rather, not boring. Situated in the next bed over from Wei WuXian and separated by a curtain, he made his demands to the healing staff. The staff was very courteous with their 'Yes, ChiFeng-Zun' and 'of course, ChiFeng-Zun' and many bows of respect. Other than that, they ignored him. "Why won't you do as I ask?" he yelled at one of the more senior healers.

"ChiFeng-Zun. With all due respect towards your position and reputation.... My people are afraid of you."

"Then why do they ignore me?"

"Because as much as we're afraid of you, there is one here who is far more terrifying."

Wei WuXian giggled helplessly upon hearing that.