"You've lived with me long enough; we can get rid of the formalities. Just call me Violet," she suggested with a warm smile. My smile widened. "I suppose 'mother' would fit better, but you are more than just a house guest to me."

"Thank you... Violet. For everything. If not for you and this family, I'd be lost," I expressed my gratitude. Her hand on my shoulder conveyed a reciprocal sentiment. "If not for you, we would be lost. I haven't seen Benedict so attached to someone since our dearly departed dog Finley," she shared, and we both chuckled.

"I am honored, truly," I acknowledged before Violet excused herself, mentioning checking on Eloise. As couples cleared the dance floor, I noticed Benedict on the other side. Lady Danbury murmured something into his ear before his gaze found mine. I smiled softly.

Amidst the enchanting waltzing music, Daphne and the Duke took center stage on the dance floor, initiating a lively spectacle that drew everyone's attention. I was momentarily lost in the graceful dance unfolding before me.

"Hope!" Benedict's voice called out, and I turned to see him running towards me, grabbing my hand. With an impromptu invitation, he whisked me onto the dance floor, and we began waltzing together. Laughter echoed as the music continued, the spontaneity of the moment adding to the joyous atmosphere of the ball.

He twirled me around once, laughter and the infectious sounds of enjoyment surrounding us like a melody of merriment. "You are incredibly embarrassing," I teased with a hearty laugh, reveling in the spontaneity of the moment. However, the light-hearted banter took an unexpected turn when a lone raindrop landed on my forehead.

My eyebrows furrowed, and a chorus of exclamations filled the air as more raindrops began to fall. We halted our dance, and I felt the sprinkles of rain intensify. Gazing up at the sky, I witnessed an imminent downpour, a cascade of water transforming the open dance floor into an impromptu rain-soaked haven.

I gasped, my hair embracing the unexpected shower, while everyone else hurried to seek shelter. Anthony stood alone, Penelope and Colin sought refuge together, and Daphne and the Duke shared an unspoken moment, leaving Benedict and me standing on the rain-soaked dance floor. All seven of us, drenched and unabashedly caught in the rain.

My curls clung to my face, the carefully pinned hair now an undone masterpiece. Despite the wet chaos, I couldn't help but smile brightly, my gaze meeting Benedict's.

"Everyone... I believe this evening is complete. We shall thank our gracious hosts for such a splendid soirée in the morning. Now, go," Lady Danbury declared, and guests began filing out, seeking refuge from the rain. "We must go. Before I catch a cold," I remarked, seizing the opportunity to escape the watery onslaught.

"You look to be enjoying yourself," Benedict observed, his hair sticking to his forehead. "I know," I replied, turning to glance at Daphne and Simon, who shared a gaze loaded with unspoken sentiments.

"But, let us not ruin their moment with our presence," I suggested, grabbing Benedict's hand. Together, we made a quick retreat indoors, leaving the rain-soaked dance floor behind and carrying the memories of an unexpectedly delightful evening.

Colin's announcement echoed through the snow-covered streets of London on Christmas day, marking the close of the season. The cityscape transformed into a winter wonderland, with icy snow blanketing the roads, windows glowing with candlelight, and doors adorned with mistletoes and red ribbons.

In the Bridgertons' drawing room, a massive decorated tree took center stage, surrounded by dozens of presents waiting to be unwrapped. Hyacinth and Gregory, fueled by the excitement of Christmas morning, eagerly tore into their gifts, their eyes sparkling with delight. The rest of the family gathered around, watching the festive scene unfold.

"Colin! This is absolutely incredible! Cecilia by Fanny Burney! I love it!" Hyacinth exclaimed with a darling smile, eliciting chuckles from everyone, myself included. Colin, attempting to jest, began, "Since it seems you and Eloise are the only ones that read—." His words were swiftly interrupted by Anthony's dismissive "Nonsense," prompting giggles from Hyacinth.

Gregory, on the other hand, opened his present to find... a ribbon. "Really?" he deadpanned. Benedict, sipping gin from his cup, offered a casual explanation, "So you can stop stealing Hyacinth's."

Daphne, with contagious excitement, directed attention to me. "Hope, you're next in line." Benedict promptly stood, retrieving a small velvet box from the stack of presents beneath the tree. Walking over to me, he placed the box in my lap, and my eyebrows furrowed in curiosity.

"This comes from the heart, dear Hope," he expressed before I opened the box, enveloping the room in silence. Slowly, my eyes widened, a smile spreading across my lips. I glanced at Benedict, who smiled warmly.

"Well! What is it?" Eloise inquired, attempting to peer over. I pulled out the gold jewelry – a dainty necklace with the letter 'B' hanging delicately from the chain. Hyacinth, curious, questioned, "What does the 'B' stand for?" Anthony glanced at her and replied, "Buckingham."

Eloise rolled her eyes and muttered under her breath, "More like Benedict," earning her a pointed glare from her mother. I chuckled. "I love it. It is... incredible—thank you," I expressed, immediately putting on the necklace. Violet smiled as she observed Benedict and me sharing a quick hug, the warmth of gratitude filling the festive air.

After everyone had gotten their presents I had went to my room. I could see that a letter was on my vanity. I looked at it with confusion. The housekeepers must have left this here. I walked up to it and opened the letter. It read:

Dear sister,

It is me, your big sister, Katherine. You may not know of my existence, given father. But, I assure you I am very real. Me and your baby sister, Sabrina, are here in London and heading your way.

We wish for all of us to become fast friends. We wish for you to also show us what this town can offer.

And maybe... just maybe. We shall stay.

Love, your dear sister,

Katherine.

I breathed in. "Oh good God," I whispered.

-the end-