He looks at me for a moment and he sighs. "I am sorry."

I look at him and I realize he still thinks he is responsible for the havoc in our lives in a way he is but I understand the pain of something happening to parents that is the only reason I understand him.

"I forgive you," I say with a small smile hoping this helps him a little.

"I knew you would." He shrugs. "But Neil wouldn't."

"I am not so good at forgiving you know," I tease him. "Value it."

"Uh, no, please don't think I don't value it." He says quickly. "I am thankful you were able to forgive me."

He hesitates for a moment. "The thing is that you heard everything that happened but you don't remember that is why you were able to forgive me."

He does have a point but I would still understand him because he did it for his mother. Maybe no one realizes how much my parents meant to me.

"And I have known Neil for a long time now." He says slowly. "It's sad to see him distancing from me. I think he's hurt for what I did and that I was hiding it all these years."

"Well, my husband is very understanding," I say honestly. "He is sad about it and I guess he has the right to considering he looked at you as a friend."

"I know. That's what bothers me." He sighs. "I had no idea things would go this worst when I took you from the hospital."

I look down at my coffee and for a moment I think about how our lives would have been if he didn't take me from the hospital or if Rayan wouldn't have taken me to London with him.

I shake my head clearing the thoughts away knowing there is no use in wishing for something when it has happened in the past. Nothing is going to change and if I want any of these to not repeat I need to focus.

"Hey," I turn to look as Neil walks inside the kitchen. "Thank you for dropping them."

Kabir nods at him as he stands up and I remember the first time Neil and I went to meet Sara and Kabir. While Sara and I were busy bonding up Kabir and Neil were talking all the time.

It is definitely not a good scene to see them behaving as strangers just greeting and thanking. That's when an idea pops into my head.

"Are you free today?" I look at Kabir as I stand up and Neil looks at us curiously.

"Uh, at what time?" He asks.

"For dinner?"

"Maybe." He says. "Emergency cases come out of nowhere."

"Okay," I say as I glance between him and Neil. "Sara and I were planning a double date maybe if you both are free we can go today."

"She didn't mention anything like that." Kabir frowns.

"Uh, I think she'll let you know soon," I say. "So?"

"I am okay with it." Neil shrugs.

"I will try to join." Kabir looks at me.

I go to take a shower after he leaves and I let Sara know about my plan through a text. I help Navya and Niam get ready while Neil packs their lunch boxes and then we have breakfast together before Neil goes to drop them off.

"Bye, Mumma." Navya kisses my cheek.

"Study well, okay?" I ask as I kiss her cheek. "Bye."

"Nav, hurry up," Niam shouts from the car.

"Don't shout." She says irritated as she rushes to the car. I laugh as they continue to argue. I had stopped by their school a week ago to know how they are doing and the teacher seems to like Navya more because she is intelligent. That doesn't mean my son isn't intelligent he just doesn't tell the answers right away. Sometimes he stays silent even if he is right and I can understand him because I was the same as a student.