Chapter 5.5 : Sweeter Dreams

"My oh, my sweet Hoku-chan. It is very unlike you to be so flustered. Is that Earthling bothering you so much?" Doremy teased in her usual carefree tone. But her tone and intentions may not necessarily match. She was pretty serious this time and wanted an answer.

Hoku woke up only to find herself on the same bed she was on but in the Dream World once again. "Must you always do this, Lady Doremy? It is pretty scary knowing I've been kidnapped in my sleep..." Hoku complained before shaking her head. The question was one that already had an answer. Hoku gently brushed her hair before sitting on the side of the bed and sighing. "Not a bad type of frustration. It is hope, and despair can replace it very easily."

"Ooooooh. Love. Perhaps, love to be?" Doremy giggled as she appeared from behind the rabbit and gently placed her palm between her ears, immediately calming her. Hoku didn't as much let out a breath or move as she didn't want her thoughts to be influenced by such words. Love. Hope. All should be of her discretion, and she did not wish to blame others for such powerful feelings.

Doremy slowly sat on the side of the bed before resting Hoku's head on her lap and brushing her fingers through her hair. "I'm not Sagume, but I appreciate your co-operation, even in those small matters. Do not worry, for I will guide you all to victory. A shame there's no perfection in any plan, let alone the ones to execute the project. But I shall do my best."

"What project?" The relaxed bunny moved her head a bit and made sure to pay more attention. Doremy's expression turned grim as she kept her gentle fingers scraping through Hoku's hair. "This is a project that will save you all. No matter what happens, I will always be safe. I was never a target. But Sagume and the others, they're in danger once more."

"Don't tell me... Must I kill him?"

"Nay. Only if need be, but he's not the enemy. He may be the one to save you all. We need to cooperate correctly and ensure that everything works just fine. Hecatia is up to something, and she's been blocking my sight. Not even I can plan that far ahead now."

"Alright, if you say so. I don't think I will be able to hurt Ace. I won't allow myself to unless it is to save Lady Sagume. Besides, you have a last resort, don't you?" Hoku inquired, hoping for an answer that would satisfy her curiosity and ease her fears.

"Aye, I do. But don't rely on it. That's for if things go wrong. Now go, have fun in your dreams until morning. You deserve those small pleasant breaks during your rest. I'll add in a few carrots, too" Doremy ended the conversation as a small door appeared beneath her feet, and she dropped Hoku in it.

Hoku slowly floated down and reached grassy meadows with a basket of carrots and a small note which said "Sweet Dreams". She laughed softly and wandered off, taking the basket with her and tasting the delicious carrots.

Meanwhile, Doremy sighed as the door closed, and a figure appeared from behind her. "Was this enough for you, darling?". The individual merely nodded and snuggled up to Doremy as they floated off into the castle that held no residents but herself. Slowly but surely, they disappeared, and there was no sound to be heard in the Dream World.

"Let us hope we have more than sweet dreams. Let's hope we have a happy life."