| 18 |

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Parties involve breaksWARNINGS: smut, mention/implied death, murder, john gilbert

WARNINGS: smut, mention/implied death, murder, john gilbert

GETTING TO THE HOUSE WITH A GIRLFRIEND who wouldn't let your lips disconnect for more than two seconds was surprisingly more difficult than Athena thought it was going to be. When this type of stuff happened with Cassidy, Athena could tune into her other senses to get her home in one run, but with Caroline—it was like her senses couldn't focus on anything except for the blonde.

Athena grunts a bit, the bark of the tree she had just ran into digging into her back as Caroline pins her against it, teeth, lips, and tongue ravaging her neck. One would think that Caroline was the vampire with how attached to the redhead's neck she was.

Athena moaned, tilting her head back and slightly to the side to allow the blonde to do as she pleases. Caroline tangles her fingers into Athena's hair while her other hand works on the redhead's belt.

As much as the redhead would love to just drop on the ground and ravish the blonde right there in the forest, it's wet and she doesn't want her girlfriend to get sick—especially since the storm isn't quite over yet.

The Heretic hears Caroline's heart rate—it's pounding. Athena can smell her, it's overwhelming. It takes over the redhead's sense of smell and causes her to moan, practically being able to taste it.

Athena's arms wrap around Caroline's waist securely, keeping her close, and then taking off toward the house once again. The blonde holds onto her, taken by surprise this time. When Athena stops, they stumble right into the door and Caroline giggles when her back hits the wood.

"For being 170-years-old, you don't know how to walk correctly," the blonde teases, giggling harder as she finishes her sentence.

Athena scoffs through her nose, trailing her lips along the blonde's jaw up to her ear, "first of all, I'm not walking—I am running incredibly fast while holding you. And second, you are incredibly distracting," she murmured. Caroline blushed and went to connect their lips again when a couple wolf whistles rang out from behind the redhead.

Athena turned her head to look over her shoulder while Caroline leaned a bit to look around her girlfriend. There were a couple of teenagers and some of the pre-teens throwing a football around in the driveway. Three of the boys had wolf-whistled while some of the girls laughed.

Caroline groaned, her cheeks turning a bright red as she hid behind Athena. The redhead rolled her eyes, "oh, shut up. Or I'll give you extra chores," she threatened lightly, giving them all a look.

One of the boys raises their hands in surrender, "easy, Miss Athena, we're just playing! It's been a while since we've seen you happy!" He said, smiling.

One of the oldest girls chuckled and gave them all a look, "alright, guys. Let's get back to playing before Quinn calls us back inside. Leave the lovers alone," she said.