Chapter 11 - A fleeting moment

Start from the beginning

"You told me to get a mask, and I saw this stall so I stopped by," the informant explained.

"Ah.. but you definitely won't need it tonight," the assassin slid the fox mask off Bai Feng's face, revealing the pair of stunning golden orbs once more.

Xiao Tian then remembered that there would be a lantern release somewhere near the area where they were standing. So he grabbed Bai Feng's hand

"Xiao Bai, I want to show you something"

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

When they arrived, Bai Feng was immediately smiling at the magical scene, the small lanterns contrasting beautifully against the dark night sky. At this moment Xiao Tian can't help but stare at the informant's lovely expression.

"This sure is beautiful.." spoke the cedar-haired man

"Yeah, this is beautifu— Huh? What..? Am I calling him beautiful?" Xiao Tian accidentally let out his thoughts as he was too focused on how the bright lights framed Bai Feng's face perfectly.

The informant couldn't hear Xiao Tian's mumbling, so he turned to him and tilted his head in confusion. Xiao Tian immediately turned his head in the other direction and rubbed the back of his neck as he muttered, "Nothing.."

The pair took their time to watch the paper lanterns float, strolling by the riverbank basking in the stunning scenery. After a while of walking through the sea of lanterns, a man called out to them.

"Gongzi, would you like to try designing a lantern?"

"We should try it if you haven't done it before.."

Xiao Tian then nodded and followed the vendor. They both sat at a table and were presented with paper lanterns and ink.

The assassin picked up the brush and the both of them started to decorate their lanterns. After a while, the stall attendant came over and suddenly praised Bai Feng's drawing, causing him to jolt in surprise, creating a bold brush stroke in the middle of the lantern. The attendant apologized and offered a free lantern in return despite the informant insisting that it was okay.

Xiao Tian looked at his own drawing in frustration,

"I'm not good at this.." he lets out a soft growl.

Bai Feng chuckled as he saw Xiao Tian furrow his eyebrows, clearly struggling with his design. To think me, an assassin is here sitting still and struggling to draw on a lantern.. What am I doing.. thought Xiao Tian.

"Since we both don't seem to like our current lantern, should we make something together with the new one?" offered Bai Feng.

"You should draw on it Xiao Bai, I'm not good as you can tell."

"Hmm.. I can help you?" Bai Feng leaned over closer to Xiao Tian.

"You're holding the brush too tightly.. Relax your grip. What do you want to draw?" said Bai Feng as he held Xiao Tian's hand to guide him.

Xiao Tian could feel the informant's hair tickling his neck, along with a sweet, familiar scent..

Bai Feng called out to the assassin asking if he heard him,