ᴄɪɴɴᴀʙᴏɴ

Start from the beginning

now it was in flames and just burning.

then all of a sudden, she remembered what had been inside. something extremely important to her.

and before she knew it, her legs were carrying her inside. mid-way, she felt a tug on her wrist. she whipped around and recognized the familiar face.

"w-what are you doing. let me go suga." Kurawa stuttered in a demanding voice, as she tried to wriggle out of the older woman's grip.

She held onto her hand though.

"Kurawa. don't go in there." she said, but the young girl gave her a firm look.

Her face fell for a few seconds before she went back to her usual look. "I'm the boss. don't stop me or your fired."

Suga gave her a sad smile, as she responded, "then I'll gladly quit."

There was silence for a few seconds between the two. the fire had only grown in size, and more and more people were gathering and yelling in panic.

Yes, people were on their way over to stop it. but both Kurawa and suga knew that it would be to late for them to get what was inside.

So the young girl took the chance. She plastered a sickly sad look on her face as she turned around and started to walk the other way. Suga had loosened her grip on the girl, and by the time they were somewhat away from the building she had let go of her hand.

Kurawa took this chance to take note of the people from afar who were coming to stop the fire. She gave one last glance at suga who was worryingly looking at the bakery, and the young girl ran.

She ran like her life depended on it.

Because she needed to get that box inside.

She couldn't just leave them.

she could already feel the yells of protest from other people. Yelling at her to stop running and that she could get hurt. But she didn't even care. Because frankly, she was tired.

If she was gonna burn in the fire, might as well go all out.

By the time she had reached inside, she quickly stole a look back at suga who was being stopped by the police.

She met the older girls eyes. Suga looked desperate, and she almost felt bad. But deep down she knew, suga didn't really care.

Nobody did.

She was inside the burning building. Trying to avoid all the falling objects, she was relieved when she had located what seemed to be the back room.

pushing the doors open, she hacked a cough into her arm as her eyes started to water. She could tell the amount of fire back there was dense.

A spark of fire landed on her arm as she winced in pain, and she brought up the hem of her shirt to cover her mouth and nose. Not that it really helped though.

She could feel her eyes still watering, but a miracle had happened when she could spot the wooden, but now burned box all the way in the corner.

Giving a sigh of relief, she scooped it up in her hands as she coughed again. She ignored it, and tried to get to the opening, which now seemed like it was a million miles away.