4- a true test of strength

Start from the beginning

Rounding a corner you entered a vast room with little furniture inside of it. It smelled of dust and spiders were nested in it's corners.

"Yuck," you said aloud to yourself. You continued poking around the room until you heard a groaning noise come from behind you. Goosebumps littered your arms as you turned around.

You were faced with what you assumed was a first grade curse, that was easily taller than you and human-like. It held a weapon of stone with confidence as it stood before you. In an instant it made the first move and your reflexes failed you.

"Agh!" You hissed out in pain as you jumped back, glancing at your leg. You got ready to try and heal your own wound (something you've never attempted), but before you could start the curse landed another swing of it's sword on your calf.

"Guys!" You yelled out, praying that someone was able to hear your pleads. In the meantime you had to get up and play defense. Adrenaline coursed through your veins and now you felt ready to dodge it's attacks.

Despite your injured leg, you were still able to move around rather easily. The more you focused, the easier it was to evade it's moves. You didn't get let off the hook, however, as the curse still got you a couple times. These injuries were minor though, and not much to worry about.

As the fight progressed, you couldn't help but wonder if Itadori and Megumi even knew what was going on. You've been going at it with the curse for what felt like 20 minutes, and you felt your stamina deplete. Thinking about how much longer you could last in this fight distracted you, and the curse got a nice hit to your rib cage with the blunt end of its weapon. Your back hit a wall and you groaned, but you couldn't stay down forever. It was quickly advancing toward you.

Rolling out of the way of the curse's next attack, you were starting to think again. The only option you had left was to run, but where? This curse was easily faster than you, even if you weren't wounded and dusted. However, it was worth a shot. You booked it towards the door but alas, didn't make it far before it opened!

Megumi and Yuji both stood in the doorframe as you fled the scene. The two of them entered the room and distracted the curse, while you crashed in the hallway. It really had been 30 minutes since you entered the room. Your watch read 6:39pm when you entered. It was now 7:11pm.

You caught wind of the battle that was going on in the room in front of you. Megumi called for his Divine Dog while Yuji simply beat the crap out of the curse. Awesome. It was refreshing to watch the two of them easily take on a curse you struggled with. You need to catch up.

"Ow that hurts..." you mumbled to yourself as you put pressure on your wounds. There was no point in doing anything now. The bleeding was starting to slow and the wounds were far too dirty to clean and dress. They can wait... or so you thought. The gash on your leg was not stopping for no one. The only "good" option you had was to heal yourself, something you've never attempted.

In one swift motion, you brought your hands to your calf and started to infuse cursed energy into the cut. Hot searing pain coursed through your body, contracting your muscles and burning your skin. You yelled out in pain before quickly stopping.

"L/n, what the hell is going on out there?!" Itadori yelled from within the room. The fight was still raging on, but the curse moved a little slower than before.

You simply groaned while looking down at your leg. It needed to be healed a lot more. With a shaky breath, you attempted to heal yourself once more.

"Just get it over with, once and done," you told yourself, like it would make it easier. As the cursed energy left your palms, you felt the heat course through your veins. It felt like someone was pouring molten metal down your spine and it was spreading everywhere. At first, you muffled your cries but the pain became unbearable. Your shouts got more and more audible as time progressed, but after about 2 minutes, you were finished.

"I'm gonna throw up," you mumbled to yourself as Yuji and Megumi rushed towards you. Not once have you ever healed yourself. Was this what Nanami felt?

"L/n!" Megumi voiced his concern as you slumped against the wall. Yuji stood back and looked at the damage.

"Just, give me a moment. I need water."

Fushiguro shuffled around in the bag you carried before handing you bottled water. Upon opening it you drank the whole thing. There was another one in there, so you didn't feel too bad.

"Can you stand?" Yuji asked. You nodded before using Megumi as a support get up. After stabling yourself, you began to walk towards the exit. It was an awkward walk home, but you were glad the boys didn't ask any questions. You didn't have the energy to comprehend what they said anyway.

[word count: 1504]

Haha this used to be cringe but I edited it so hopefully it's less cringe!!! (July 19, 2023)