"Alright, I'm gonna head to my room and finish my nap," you breathily spoke.

"Are you okay y/n?" Yuji asked

"Yeah I'm just- really tired. And woozy. But I'll be alright," you responded as you slowly made your way into the dorms, disappearing from their sight.

"What's up with her?" Maki asked

"I think she was training with Nanami earlier," Yuji responded.

"Speak of the devil," Megumi muttered as Nanami walked through the door. He looked like his normal self until his leg became visible. His pants were been ripped like he had been stabbed and there was blood on his leg, but he looked to be in no pain whatsoever.

"Why are you all looking at me?" Nanami asked sternly.

"Your leg-" Maki began but was quickly cut off.

"Oh yeah. L/n is now able to treat puncture wounds and she did it flawlessly— Speaking of which have any of you seen her?" Nanami asked as he looked around.

"You just missed her, she's in her dorm," Megumi replied as he looked in the direction you had left in.

"Alright, I'll talk to her tomorrow then."

———

You woke up from what seemed to be an eternal nap due to a knocking sound at your door. You sat, up before wiping the drool from your mouth, and answered the knocking.

"Hello?" You muttered after opening the door. Your groggy eyes met the brown ones of Yuji's.

"Oh hey y/n, just wanted to let you know that we are doing a movie night downstairs and that you missed dinner. But- luckily for you I saved you some," he held out a plate of sushi for you.

"Thank you Yuji, do you know what time it is?"

"No, but I do know it's pretty late. Not like midnight or anything but probably close."

"Okay thanks, I'll be down once I'm done eating."

He smiled as your door shut in front of him. Grabbing a pair of chopsticks, you sat on your bed and ate the sushi. It would've been better if you had gotten it when it was served, but you were kinda busy.

Once you were done eating, you checked the time.

10:52pm

"Holy shit I slept the whole day away," you said out loud. Trying not to waste anymore time, you quickly brushed through your hair and washed your face before heading downstairs.

"Oh hey, look what the cat dragged in," Maki rolled her eyes, gathering the attention of the other sorcerers. Upon noticing her reaction, you paused slightly.

Why is she acting like this? She didn't have a problem with me earlier, you spoke internally.

"Hi," you said, still taken aback by Maki's comment. You still weren't fully awake yet but you felt most of your energy return to you. You looked around at the seating arrangement and saw that nobody but Yuji wanted to sit by Fushiguro. When he saw you approach him, he moved over so you could sit by both him and Megumi.

"Hello," you said awkwardly as you sat down. Neither of them really moved over so your shoulders were touching theirs. However you didn't mind and hoped they didn't either.

"The sushi was good, thank you," you said as you looked over to Yuji.

"It was no problem. Nanami said that you healed a puncture wound today, which is awesome," he responded with a smile.

"He definitely caught me off guard with it that's for sure. He said he didn't have much faith in me in that moment. But maybe that's what drove me to heal it completely like I did. However, I was completely drained of my energy by the time I was done," you said turning to Megumi, "sorry I took up the whole couch."

Even though he was listening to your conversation with Yuji, he didn't expect you to say anything to him. "Oh um it's fine. You snore."

You didn't know how to respond so you just didn't. However you still held eye contact with Megumi. The two of you had a staring contest and you were too stubborn to lose. His eyes were pretty.

"Hey guys, what movie are we watching?" Panda asked from a different couch.

"I don't care as long as it's not one of those cheesy rom-coms. I watched enough of those with Gojo," Yuji spoke. Everyone stared at him with a weirded-out expression, including Megumi. You won.

"What?" You asked him with a devious smile.

"C'mon on don't be weird." Yuji groaned. "It was for my training. And you did it too!"

"Except she didn't say what you just did— which was weird by the way," Maki said, earning some laughs from the rest of them.

"Okay whatever."

After some more harmless bickering, the group "unanimously" voted on a horror movie. Just kidding, it was not unanimous. You did not vote horror considering those movies terrify you.

However, the movie that was chosen wasn't too bad. Except you got jump scared every 5 minutes thanks to Itadori and occasionally Megumi. They weren't even paying attention to the movie at one point; their main goal was to scare you.

"Guys stop," you whispered, "you're freaking me out."

"Sorry I just thought I heard something coming from behind us," Megumi responded.

Despite the rest of the group being lax, you were pretty unnerved at this point. It didn't take long for a suspenseful scene to push you over the edge. The movie reached its scariest point and you found yourself burying your face into Megumi's right arm. You just couldn't watch it anymore.

In response, Megumi said, "Aw man Itadori I think we overdid it."

Yuji looked over at you and saw your face buried into Megumi's arm, "it's kinda funny though."

"It is kinda funny though," Megumi quietly laughed.

"You guys are mean," you spoke into Megumi's bicep.

"We're just kidding y/n, I hope you know that," Yuji whispered, slightly jealous that your face was hidden in Megumi's arm instead of his own. However, he faced the movie once more, hoping to find an answer to the questions the plot provided him with.

"Are you comfortable?" Megumi asked so only you could hear.

"Meh, I'm alright," your voice was muffled but he heard it.

"Here," he moved his arm so your head could be positioned on his shoulder and that his arm was wrapped around you. "Better?"

"Yeah," you grinned. Your focus went back to the movie when it was changed to something more light hearted. Panda said he would've had a hard time sleeping if he had to go to bed after that.

However, you found it easy to go bed, seeing as Megumi offered himself to be your pillow. As you drifted to sleep, a thought ran through your mind. Why was it that Megumi was now showing affection you affection? What changed?

[word count: 1580]

😦🫣