But the truth is, her presence has already made up my annoyance. I visited her from time to time in US during our studies, but seeing her on our homeland again hits so different.

"Sorry, i just..I'm not sure, but i think i saw Justin with a girl awhile ago. They seems to be bumped by each other"
Kwento naman niya.

"And the girl looks like Rain.. Do you still know her? Rain Quenirry?" she even said and shake my arm.

Ipinatong ko ang isang palad ko sa ulo niya habang ang isa ay hila hila ang bagahe niya at ngumiti.

"Annie," i called.

"Hmm?"

"You're so talkative"

Sinamaan niya agad ako ng tingin at ngumuso. Tumawa lang ako saglit at pinagpatuloy na namin ang paglalakad. As expected, everyone is almost looking at us like as if we're models. They're taking pictures without our consent, and it's a bit comfortable so i ask her to put facemask for the meantime.

Nakarating na kami sa sasakyan ko kaya naman mas nakahinga kami. I put her baggages on the back and sat back to the driver's seat.

I look at her tired face and grinned. I still can't believe that she'll come back home earlier than i expected. Akala ko ay sa US na rin siya magtatapos ng pag aaral at magtatayo ng sariling negosyo bago siya umuwi sa Pilipinas.

"Let's go?" i softly asked and received her smile as a 'yes'. Pina-andar ko ang kotsye at pinatakbo sa tamang bilis. Akala ko ay matutulog siya sa byahe but she is widely awake.

I immediately open up a topic so she will not feel bored beside me.

"I heard, Syclups has entered same university, alam mo ba?"
I said while focusing on road. She glance at me and not being surprised at all.

"Alam mo?" nang-aasar na tanong ko. I was just testing her. "Oh.. Oo nga pala, you've been collecting news about them for the past three years, I'm sure you know it—"

"Trevor!"

I laugh and shook my head, amused. She's still in love with him...

Me? Don't worry about me, yes, i am still into her but I'm also still trying my best to move on and accept the fact that we're only friends and buddies.

"Trev, can you drop me by in the church? You don't need to accompany me, just help me put my baggage on dad's house.."
She suddenly said that made me glance at her.

"Church? Wow...you're being religious na ah.."
I teased and gave her a thumbs up that made her roll her eyes. Hahaha, it's new, but it's good for her and I'm proud of her. Girls are indeed meant to be God centred and faithful.

"And wait, why on your dad's house? How about your house? You didn't sell it, as far as i know.." curious na tanong ko naman.

Impossible namang close at nagkabati na sila...that's really impossible. Lalo na't nalayo si Annie sa daddy niya, and worse, umalis siya ng may sama pa ng loob sa mga magulang niya.

"Well, that old fox want to talk to me. Maybe about the inheritance since I'm so close to graduating"
Sagot naman niya na ikinatango tango ko. She's right, her father will me much more eager to talk about business now.