34

Third Person's POV

          "Annie, ano ba! Sabi ko tama na!"

Trevor is already annoyed while putting the wine glass down from Annie's hand. The woman is already wasted like freak, she can't even speak properly already.

"N-ngayon na nga langs a-ako makakatikim u-uli ng wine eh..."
Annie groaned and pouted. She tried to reach for the glass but Trevor immediately move it away. He can't afford to let her be a drunkard like this, she need to stop.

"P-pahingi na kasi J-josh!"
She suddenly shouted that made them both stop. Natigilan si Trevor at agad na napatingin sa dalaga nung bigla niyang banggitin ang pangalan na iyon.

He was stunned to speak and he did not expect that she's thinking about that man all this time.

"Oh! Mali pala... Ha,ha,ha" she forced a laugh. Lalong namula ang lasing niyang mukha dahil sa pagtawa niya na ikinatahimik naman ni Trevor. He don't know what to say..

"Because Josh already disappeared... He disappeared like that, pagkatapos niya akong lokohin at gawing tanga. Ha, ha, ha"
Mabilis niyang muling inabot ang baso ng alak sa kamay ng binata, at sa pagkakataong ito ay hindi na siya pinigilan ni Trevor. They were both filled with silence while Annie is continously drinking strong kind of liquor.

Trevor can still feel and sense the pain of Annie after he picked her up. He picked her up after her quarrels with her family and friend, and as a friend, his heart is aching to see Annie in this state. She is miserable and ruined..

And it aches his heart even more after knowing that she still love that bastard man..

"Bakit hindi nalang kasi ako?..."
He whispered, weakly. He is afraid to say it out loud and immediately receive rejection. Matagal na niya iyong tinatago, mula bata pa...

Even on the very first they met when they are both 8, when his father granted a party for some business matters. Annie is still carefree, happy, and so pretty that time...she is free from worries and expectations from the world, at iyon ang nami-miss ni Trevor.

Matagal na niyang napagdesisyonang kalimutan nalang at ipasawalang bahala ang nararamdaman niya dahil alam naman niyang hanggang kaibigan lang ang tingin sa kanya ng dalaga...but seeing her right now just made him want to pull and lock her on his own arms. He can't endure this anymore..

Napailing iling ang binata at ngumiti ng mapait. Magsasalita pa sana siya para patigilin ang dalaga nang biglang tumunog ang cellphone niya. His dad is calling..

He immediately answered it even though it's so noisy since they are currently inside a bar.

"Hello?" he answered.

His dad spoke in a hurry, as if it's really urgent that made him nervous for a second.

"Dad, I'm with Annie. I can't leave her here..." he immediately said. Hindi siya napapansin ng dalaga dala ng kalasingan at kaantokan. Patuloy lang ito sa paglagok ng alak habang inaalala ang mga masasakit na pangyayari sa buhay niya.

[The company's in a mess, you're still not coming over?!]
Singhal ng daddy niya sa kabilang linya na lalong ikinadalawang isip niya. Paano si Annie? Iiwan ba niya ang dalaga ngayong siya na lang ang natitirang kinakapitan niya? But their family's company needs him too...