Chapter 2 : The gleam that he used to stare at

"Hence by now, the meet up for the discussion of petroleum export and import in amount of...", the head chairman who's supposed to pay attention to his dear secretary is instead lost again in another deep thought of tired mind. To be honestly said, he sometimes stares outside of the glass window merely wishing to just take a stroll somewhere. No papers, no cars, not much crowd or any formality, just him and–

"Sir Netherlands", he flinched abruptly– ...and the other guy.

"Ah yea, don't worry I heard you just fine, Belgium", he tried to reassure his sibling about it but it was completely in vain. Belgium just stood still with one of her eyebrows going up, gesturing 'are you sure' that is clearly noticed by the head turn of the CEO. Letting out a barely suppressed sigh, he turns the table for a bit.

"Petroleum trading with its amount and the progressive development procedure, isn't it?",

"And the destination of the trading. It was discussed to prioritize the one with shortage supply first despite the longer and bigger obstacle for shipping", added her completing the loss in his catch. He instantly facepalms himself while shifting gaze here and there due to a little embarrassment and nodding after.

"Right. My apologies, Belgium, and thank you for the report. You may head out as of now",

"...brother Neth, it's pretty visible for both of us to assume that there is something really bothering you for these past few months", the lady's concern receives only a pair of slightly widen eyes from her dear brother. Knowing that she wants to offer her open ears, Netherlands just shrugged it off with appreciation of sweet treats instead.

"I'm kind of hungry for snacks. Wanna go down and order some cakes with me?"

She gleamed at the invitation and nodded so fast she forgets the formal bowing gesture she usually did after reporting.

And for that matter, Netherlands actually doesn't want to get rid of the troubling mind himself.

Cafeteria 01.50 PM

Another spoonful of sugary waffles melted inside her mouth in delight. And the other treats himself with another coffee of the day, while reminding to buy some more treats for the other sibling later on. After a brief moment of silence, two other people coming over their way, greeting with their unique accents.

"Bonjour, mon ami. It's been a while to see the BeNeLu– Ah–", the personification with vertical tricolor face along with her favorite beret stopped abruptly at the realization.

"Oop– Luxembourg still busy with some other stuff", Belgium answers.

"Haiya...it sure has been pretty tough for the company, eh? Netherlands", the other newcomer with formal and traditional Chinese customized outfit styled with thin braided long hair seeping through the conversation while taking a seat.

He's acknowledging China as also one of the biggest dealers in trading for most companies with a low snort, Netherlands head turns teasingly towards the other.

"Ah yes, a daily pleasure indeed", sarcasm applied strongly from the Asian.

Even with the heavy topic, the chatters always going casually despite the stiff environment among the headmasters themselves. The topic changed from small talk into deep ones so often, until a certain discussion brought by Belgium took interest from Netherlands.