part one

side note- lucia is 19, almost 20. and jude is 15. OH and the story is set before/during season 4.

LUCIA'S HAIR shone golden in the light of the afternoon sun, hands rested around her nude body, a body pressed up against her own. His body. She smiled slightly to herself. I could get used to this. She thought. I could get used to him. Him, her newest obsession. Steve Harrington. Formally known as Steve 'The Hair' Harrington now just Steve, though he does have incredible hair. Maybe better than mine. The girl thinks. Maybe. As the peaceful silence engulfs them, both of their minds wander, thinking about eachother, no doubt. They always were: Thinking about eachother.

SEVERAL MINUTES pass by, Steve and Lucia still laid in a comforting silence. Turning to face him Lucia says, "We should really be getting dressed. You know before my mother gets back."
Steve answers with a groan, "I could stay like this forever."
Lucias cheeks redden, her heart swelling slightly at his words.
"Me too Steven. Me too."

"LUCIA, WE'RE back sweet!" Donna calls up the stairs as Steve and Lucia, now fully clothed, walk out of her room.
Coming down the stairs and into the kitchen Lucia is instantly greeted by her brother rushing over to her, "Oh Luci darling. I am so glad your here!" In mockery of the siblings mother, he grabs her face, pulling her in for a tight squeeze.
"Aren't you hilarious Jude." Mrs Darke comments with a slight laugh at her sons antics.
Turning to face his mother with his hand across his heart, Jude replies, "I'm so glad you finally realised!"
Rolling her eyes, Donna Darke turns to Steve who's now sat on one of the island chairs, "Ah Cia's boyfriend, pleasure to have you back."
"He's not my boyfriend mom." Lucia states taking a seat next to Steve at the kitchen island.
"Well with how much you talk about him, and how much he's round, i'd assume he was." Donna turns, putting away more shopping a knowing smirk on her face, "It's Jimmy right? Or is that the other guy?"
Jude claps his hands together, laughing at her comment.
"Kidding, your the only boy Luce has round nowadays, Steve."
Lucia smirks slightly shaking her head at her mother.
"You had me fooled for a second there, I actually thought you forgot about me Ms D." Steve saying pretending to be hurt.
"Oh I could never honey. Jude, help me put the shopping away, would you." Donna says and Steve immediately gets up to help, Lucia following closely behind.
"Lucia, help mom put the shopping away, would ya." Jude says placing his hand on his hip, waving around a spatula.
Lucia pulls a grape off the vine and flings it at the boy which causes him to pretend he got shot making the golden haired girl laugh.

STEVE LOOKS over at the laughing girl in awe. In awe of the way she cares so much about her family. In awe of her family in general. The Darkes are all fun and laidback.
Donna's a single parent, not by choice, yet she still takes care of everything, handles every problem. Steve looks at Donna with such respect as to how she went from nothing to something, created a life for her kids, on her own.
Jude's a hormonal 15 year old who suffered the loss of his best friend, yet he's still funny and uplifting. He respects Jude because no matter what the kid goes through he always comes out stronger and with a smile on his face.
Lucia's a smart woman in a mans world, a world where women are seen as less than men, seen as objects and 'objects can't be smart', yet she's still determined and brave. He respects Lucia because the more times she gets put down the more passionate and fiery she gets, she doesn't stop fighting for what she wants.
To Steve the Darkes are the ideal family.

"STEVE? ARE you there?" Lucia says pulling him out of his trance like state.
"Yeah yeah. Sorry I was just thinking." He replies noticing that they are the only ones still in the kitchen.
"Thinking about what?" Lucia asks brows raising slightly as she walks back to the island to sit down.
"Your family. And how much i respect the shit out of all of you."
"You should we're great!" Jude shouts peering in from the living room.
"Jude! Stop eavesdropping." Lucia turns round to look at him only for him to flip her off with a smug smile.
Returning the action the elder sibling rolls her eyes turning back to meet Steve's gaze, "Are you working today?"
"No, I have today off." Steve comments smiling slightly.
Lucia hums in thought.
With his brows slightly raised Steve crosses his arms leaning against the counter and Lucia can't help but avert her gaze to his crossed arms. Wow. Veins. She brings her gaze back up locking eyes with him. "You have really nice arms. Hands too." The brown eyed girl mentions.
"Yeah, you tell me that a lot." The brown eyed boy remarks leaning toward her slightly.
"Kiss me." Lucia utters in a whisper.
With zero hesitation Steve locks his and Luci's mouths, her hands reaching for his hair tugging gently. The kiss is gentle. Sweet. But still passionate. It always is with these two. Passionate.

"BYE STEVE! Love you Steve!" Jude yells causing Steve to roll his eyes chuckling, "Love you too Jude!"
Cia smacks her brother lightly round the head which only makes him laugh. Watching as Steve gets in his car, turning his head to look at the beauty, he lifts a hand and subtly waves. Returning the action, she smiles.
"You are so whipped. You both are! It's honestly hilarious!" Jude shakes his head looking at his completely smitten big sister.
"We aren't together Jude. He doesn't like me like that." She returns.
"So you admit it? That you have a huge crush on Stevie Wevie?" He pesters, following her back into the house, "And yes I know you aren't together! Your just doing the devils tango. What's next? The devils lettuce? Honestly Luce."
"Quit your rambling, fuckhead." Lucia says flopping back on the couch, her brother following suit.
"Sorry, Bitch. I'm just saying he makes you happy. And as your little brother that's all I want. You happy."
"I know. And I want you to be happy too. I really love you Jude. Even though it pains me to admit, I'd be lost without you." Lucia admits grabbing her brothers hand.
"Yeah no kidding. You'd be worse than lost without me, I'm literally your only friend. But I love you too I guess." Jude says with an eye roll.
Lucia chuckles at her brothers honesty. He kind of is her only friend, and she's perfectly okay with that.
"Hey Cia, don't you have work?"
"Oh shit!" Lucia exclaims jumping off the couch rushing to get ready for work.

and that's the end of part 1. kind of a short chapter but it was mainly supposed to give you an insight into the Darke's life.