Bad decisions have to occur somewhere to be real. Someone has to make all the mistakes for the universe to mark down that, yes, that was indeed a stupid thing to do.

Alberu leaned forward, grazing his lips gently against Cale's through the veil as though asking for permission.

Anyone in their right mind would push him away. Anyone would be smart enough not to get swept away in this ridiculous impulse.

Cale wasn't known for his good decisions either.

Cale pulled away the veil, wrapping his arms around Alberu's neck and pulling him inside the dark bedroom to deepen the kiss.

Foolish and hasty with pounding hearts that mirrored one another, it didn't take very long at all before Alberu was pressed up against the wall with his arms securely around Cale's waist and insistent kisses littered down Cale's neck.

"That doesn't answer my questions at all." Cale complained but the weight of his body kept Alberu pinned, his fingers running through silky dark locks.

"I know, I'm sorry." Alberu apologized between kisses.

How long had he wanted to kiss Cale Henituse?

He couldn't say for sure but at this moment he couldn't understand why he'd held back from doing so for so long. The taste and feel of Cale was addicting.

"Is this revenge for when I bit you?" Cale asked, arching his neck as Alberu kissed the base of his neck softly.

"Yes." Alberu hadn't intended for it to be so but Cale had left a rather uncomfortable mark that was hard to hide. He wondered how it would feel to leave a matching mark on Cale...

The sharp gasp that Cale let out made his heart hungry for more.

Alberu's fingers danced along Cale's spine and an impulsive thought made him wonder if he could feel his skin.

Cale pulled him up by his hair and he was met with a greedy glare before Cale claimed his lips in a possessive kiss that made his knees feel weak.

Alberu knew they needed to stop. This couldn't continue. Cale didn't even know who he was and for that matter, this was a match made in hell. The crown prince and the trash of the count's family? It couldn't work.

He knew he needed to gently push Cale away and apologize for instigating this mess. Leave before he caused anymore damage. He needed to do the right thing.

Perhaps he'd just spent too much of his life pushing away any hedonistic instinct in favor of doing the right thing because Alberu couldn't find the strength.

It felt good. It was insane and stupid and he could feel Cale's heart beating against his own with how close their bodies were pressed together and he didn't want to stop.

Cale pulled away, lips pink and eyes dark with a desire that sent shivers down Alberu's spine. "Are you at least going to give me a name?"

Alberu wondered how much worse this could get. Should he come clean right here? Admit fault and leave? That would be the right thing to do. But he also couldn't let his identity be revealed and the truly correct thing to do would have been to never cross this boundary.

"...Bob."

Cale snorted. "That's a dumb name." He pulled 'Bob' into a biting kiss and smirked. "I think I'm a bit 'enchanted' too, Bob." He said without a hint of shame and there was an elegance to his expression that looked so out of place on Cale's normally roguish face. "How about we do this again sometime?"

Alberu nodded mutely. Some alarm in the very back of his mind was blaring with piercing accuracy. If he let this go on then there was very little he'd be able to deny Cale Henituse. It was learning he had a weakness all the while falling prey to it.

Cale smiled again but it was softer this time, pressing his lips against Alberu's gently. "You should leave now." He said. "Otherwise I will definitely take this farther."

It was startling for Alberu to realize how tempting that was. But even he had enough self control left to agree with the line Cale was drawing. They shouldn't go any farther yet.

Yet was implied in the way Cale's eyes consumed him hungrily and the way Alberu wanted nothing more than to throw away his every reasonable reservation. Cale's loose clothes and the fresh hickeys lining his neck and lord it was hard to walk away.

Alberu nodded again, swallowing his impulsive desires and fixing his veil, looking off towards the window. "...when should I come back?"

He could hear the smirk in Cale's voice. "Tomorrow night."

This was well and truly a bad decision.

It was a bad decision that they had every intention of repeating.