*chapter 2*

12:04 AM
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27TH, 2022

The water streams down my back as I shower, washing the soap off of my body. My pale skin warms up under the hot water, making me feel better after my workout. My muscles stop tensing up, relaxing my body and my mind. I cannot believe of all nights to run into someone so amazing and very attractive it was a night when I came to the gym to clear my mind. My dampened lime locks look more like emerald under the water but nonetheless I condition my hair with the conditioner kept in my gym bag. My hand reaches up to the shower nozzle, twisting it off, stopping to water from flowing. I decide to grab my towel off the bench so I can dry off and meet up with Remington at the pool. After wrapping in the towel, I walk to a changing stall with my gym bag. I hum along to "Paradise City" by Guns N' Roses as I slip on my bathing suit and brush out my hair. Now that I'm cleaned up, I snap Remington and let him know I'm going into the pool and leave the locker room through the door that takes you to the pool. I sit all of my stuff down and sit at the edge, dipping my feet in. Remington comes into the pool and holy hell. I cannot wait to get to know such a beautiful stranger. I watch Remington place his stuff next to mine and dive into the pool. Under my breath, I mutter about how attractive I find it but nonetheless watch him swim up to the surface. "Tell me more about what makes Remington well Remington," I state. "Well, if I must, I'm in a band with my 2 brothers running vocals while my baby brother drums and my older brother plays guitar. I'm super nerdy, I'm a Taurus, I'm bisexual with a female preference, and I'm 27 years old but my birthday is in 8 days," Remington replies. "What genre would you define your band as?" I ask. "Right now I'd say that we could most identify as a glam/art rock alternative band," Remington replies. "Ok but I love that. I identify with the crunchy/hippie lifestyle so I'm always looking for music that tailors to those desires," I tell him, finally getting all the way into the pool. "Crunchy hippie girl with green and yellow hair, piercings, gets working out to alleviate stress, and has a good music taste. A beautiful day. Do you by chance like The Office?" he asks, clearly invested in my answer and getting to understand me more. "Hey now, the day was good to me too, tall guy, tattoo-covered, rocker, matches my energy at the gym and he likes my favorite show? Do you by chance also enjoy F.R.I.E.N.D.S.?" I ask. "I do, I just don't watch it as much as I rewatch The Office. Honestly, I need to make more friends in the area who watch the shows I love," Remington tells me. "Bet, if we're throwing out age and sign I'm a Scorpio and I'll be 26 in November," I tell him. "I love that, your birthday must be close to Emerson's, he'll also be 26 in November but hes a Saggitarius," Rem tells me excitedly. "I adore that dearly, is he like us? Queer and/or vibey?" I ask "He's super crunchy and vibey he reminds me of you but his sexuality is fluid," Remington states, smile brightening on his face. "I want to meet your brothers now, what about the other brother? You haven't told me a lot about him yet," I say, leaning against the wall of the pool. "Seb is great, he's basically raised us along side our mom, I don't have a dad," Remington says, lauging at his own last statement. "Oh hey, same," I say, laughing with him. "Not us bonding over not having dads," Remington giggles, leaning against the same wall as I'm against. "I know it sounds crazy but do you want to go get food after this, I'm enjoying this all. I would really like to get to know you," I say to Remington. "Actually, yea, that sounds really fun. Do you like In N Out?" Rem asks. "I actually really do," I tell him. "Perfect. Also, how did you get so lucky to have the perfect crunchy girl lifestyle name? I hope you don't mind me asking you but did you change it?" Remington asks. "I actually surprisingly was given the name. I was raised in the sort of crunchy hippie life because of my mom. Mom was a hippie her whole life so she named me Salem Raven and I don't use my dad's last name so that's all most people know me as. I would change my last name to my mom's but that's expensive," I say, shrugging off my fatherlessness. "Your mom sounds like an amazing woman, raising you on her own and turning you into one of the most awesome hippies I have now started to get to know," Remington says, smiling a little. "You're so sweet, Remington, I'm really glad that of all the people I could run into at the gym it was you," I say, pushing up on the wall of the pool to sit on the side with my feet in. Remington follows suit with my actions but instead of sitting up, he lays against the ground with his feet in the pool. "What's on your mind, Rem?" I ask, laying flat against the pavement the way he is, turning my head to him. "It's wild to think that we ran into each other at the gym and now we're swimming together and about to get food together. The world is crazy some days," he says, also looking at me.

This is the gym fit and regular day to day look that Salem goes with