Wake Up Call

Chapter Song: Latch (feat. Sam Smith), Disclosure

The morning after is different for a lot of people. Some people like to cuddle and just lay in bed all day. Others immediately go at it again like animals. And some people, like me, find it awkward. Especially when the guy I had sex with is my best friend's ex-boyfriend. And it was hard to try and sneak away when said guy had his arms wrapped around my body.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I whispered to myself and tried to wriggle out of Colin's arms. It took a few tries, but I eventually slid out of his bed successfully without waking him up. I scrambled around his apartment and gathered my clothes. Somehow my bra had ended up in the kitchen and my dress was draped over his TV. I got my clothes back on and quietly snuck out of his apartment with my shoes in hand.

My walk of shame was probably the shortest one in existence. Ten feet separated me from my one night stand. I braced myself as I entered Ally's apartment, fearing that she would know that I screwed the brains out of her ex last night. But, I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that she was still asleep in her bed.

I checked the time on her alarm clock and I almost screamed when I saw that I was fifteen minutes late to work. Today was Saturday and everyone had to be at work early for a staff meeting.

I practically ripped my clothes back off and I jumped into the shower, I didn't even let the water get hot all the way. I was out and changed into my uniform in record time, I threw on my hot pink hoodie and zipped it up to cover my black bustier. Grabbing my purse and keys, I raced out the door and down the stairs. Not even giving Colin's apartment a second glance.

When I got to work there were only a few people there, thankfully nobody noticed that I was late.

"Hey Paige, what're you doing here?" My boss, Saul, asked as everyone was getting ready for the meeting.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion, getting ready to unzip my jacket.

"Your roommate called and said you couldn't come in because you're sick." He said,"If you're sick honey I don't want you working today. Why don't you go home and get some rest." He smiled warmly at me and led me back to the exit. I was still confused, but I didn't argue with him because he was my boss and I didn't want to make him mad. So, I just caught a cab and went back home.

As I trudged back up the stairs to the top floor of the apartment building, I heard Colin laughing and looked up to see him leaning over the railing.

"How was work?" He asked, that smarmy grin plastered on his face.

"You told my boss I was sick!?" I exclaimed as I stomped up the stairs. He just snickered and stepped to the side as I reached the top of the staircase. I unzipped my hoodie angrily and smacked him with it. "I could've gotten fired you ass!" I hissed and turned to storm into Ally's apartment, but Colin grabbed me around the waist and tugged me closer to him.

"I like the uniform." He smirked and ran his hands up and down my waist.

"Stop it, I'm pissed at you." I snapped, but made no move to pull away.

"I know." He smirked and leaned in to press his lips to mine, but I turned my head to the side so his lips brushed against my cheek. I still felt guilty about sleeping with him. I didn't give a damn about it the night before, but the feelings all rushed in that morning. "What's wrong?" Colin asked, his concern evident on his face.

"We can't, last night was a one time thing." I said, feeling regret tug at my chest.

"Why?"

"Because you're Ally's ex, and I broke the number one rule of girl code." I explained. I wanted to pull away, but I loved the feeling of him holding me close.

"Girls have that?" He asked. Obviously he wasn't as educated about women as he thought he was.

"Yes girls have that. It's like a slap in the face for a girl to sleep with her friend's ex." I said, glancing at the door to Ally's apartment. I hoped that she wouldn't randomly decide to walk out and see us.

"But, Ally broke up with me." He said, still confused. I snapped my head back in his direction, shocked at this revelation.

"She said that it was a mutual break up." I said, recalling the conversation we first had regarding Colin.

"Maybe afterwards it was, but she broke it off first." He explained. I felt my heart start to pick up speed. If Ally broke up with him first, does that make it ok that I slept with him? Because she was the one who initiated the break up. It was all very confusing.

"Well, that changes things." I muttered and scratched the back of my head in embarrassment. Colin laughed and took me by surprise when he planted a kiss on my lips.

"So, do you want to go get breakfast and sort everything out?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow up in question.

"It's one in the afternoon." I chuckled and glanced out one of the windows, seeing the sun shine brightly into the room.

"Fine, lunch then?" He asked and buried his face into my neck. I giggled as the stubble on his chin tickled my neck.

"Sure, let me go get changed first." I said and reluctantly pulled myself out of his arms. He grabbed a handful of my ass and gave a squeeze before letting me go. I smacked him on the arm playfully and turned to unlock the apartment.

As I tip-toed into the living room, I noticed that the door to Ally's bedroom was open. I was too excited about out with Colin that I didn't even pay attention to my surroundings.

Sneaking inside the bedroom and shutting the door behind me, I quickly changed out of my uniform and into some jeans and a t-shirt. I went back into the living room to grab my hoodie and shoes. As I laced up my tennis shoes and shrugged my hoodie back on, I almost jumped a foot in the air when I heard someone clear their throat from behind me.

"Jesus balls!" I exclaimed and whipped around. Ally was sitting at the table drinking coffee with the one person I never wanted to see ever again.

"Hey Paige." Mike said, smiling as he stood up and sauntered towards me.

A/N: DUN DUN DUUUUN! Ooh aren't I just a terrible person?Hehehe... Thanks for reading! Xoxo
P.s. This chapter's dedicated to MarvelWorksWonders for all the love! Thanks for the encouragement babe!