"Watch your step, Big Guy," Eddie muttered, as the group gathered on the shore.

     Nadine looked out at the lake, realising it was where Patrick had died the night before. Poor Eddie, having to return straight to the scene he saw Patrick get brutally killed.

     "Oh man, you gotta be shitting me," Steve sighed, "I thought these woods were familiar."

"Lovers Lake," Robin mumbled.

Dustin stayed frowning down at his compass.

"There's a gate in Lovers Lake?" Max asked.

Nadine glanced at her, "This is where Patrick died last night, right?"

"Whenever the Demogorgon attacked it always left an opening," Nancy nodded in agreement with what Nadine seemed to be suggesting, "Maybe Vecna's the same way."

"Yeah, only one way to find out," Nadine followed Steve's line of sight to a boat lying on the shore. The group gathered around it, Steve and Eddie both bending down to push it into the lake.

Nadine felt the buzz of apprehension start filling her veins, realising she was about to get on the small, wooden boat, and sail to try and find a gate to an alternate dimension.

"Easy," Steve snapped as Eddie almost capsized the boat in his haste to get it to the water, "I said easy, man."

The boat swayed dangerously in the water, both men holding it so it wouldn't float away.

Eddie grimaced as they finally got the boat under control, "Sorry, dude."

Robin was the first to get in, Steve offering her his hand, "Here you go."

"Yeah, I'm just gonna do this," she ignored his outstretched hand, instead placing each of her own on Steve and Eddie's heads, using them as support as she clambered into the boat.

Nancy got in next, then Eddie, who offered a hand to a rather unsteady Nadine. She noticed his fingertips were calloused, rougher than her own, but steady as he helped her onto the boat and onto the small bench next to him.

Dustin was the next to move, but Eddie glared at him, "Hey, man, are you trying to sink us?"

Dustin looked offended.

"This thing holds four people, tops," Eddie continued. The boat looked flimsy enough that it seemed a viable excuse, although Nadine knew Steve would also be joining them.

"It's better this way, okay?" Namcy tried comforting the three frowning kids, "You guys stay here- with Max. Keep an eye out for trouble."

"You keep an eye out," Dustin sassed back, Nancy gasping in offence.

He mimicked her gasp, before pulling a face, "It's my goddamn theory."

"You heard Nance," Robin butted in.

Dustin gestured to Nancy, "Who put her in charge?"

"I did," Robin glared at him.

"Compass," Nancy held her hand out expectantly, and after a few seconds of death-staring, Dustin handed it over with a huff.