Chapter One

*Taylor's POV*

"Mommy! Can we PLEASE go to the park?" Dylan asks me for the 500th time today. I look away from the tv to face her, she has the saddest look in her eyes, while sitting on her knees with her fingers interlocked, pleading. 

"Dylan, we have a whole backyard filled with play equipment, why don't you want to play out there?" I ask, already knowing the answer. She has been playing in the same backyard with the same play equipment her entire life. I haven't had a choice but to shelter her, I don't know what I would tell her if someone were to recognize me while we were in a public place. My mother took her to a park near her house last month, and ever since had that experience she has not stopped asking.

"The park is so much more fun," she replies, pulling on my arm. 

"Well guess what?" I say, trying to get her excitement up, "You start school tomorrow! You are going to get to meet a ton of new children your age, and your teacher. There is different playground equipment there that you can play on as well!" Dylan starts jumping up and down excitedly, her blonde hair falling in her face.

"I'm so excited mom! I want to go to school now!" I laugh at her antics, and smile to match her excitement. I drag my pointer finger across the left side of her face and move her hair back behind her ear. 

"Baby, school doesn't start until tomorrow. But tonight, is kindergarten orientation, we get to go meet your teacher and the other children in your class! We will get to look around the school. It is already 4:30 and we need to be there by 6, so you better go pick out an outfit and get dressed so I can do your hair." I say while standing up to lead her to her room.

 Once we reach her room, I let her start going through her closet, and make my way to mine. I head towards the bathroom attached to my room and take a look in the mirror to touch up my red lipstick and run my fingers through my hair. This is the first time I am going to be in public with my daughter and I am terrified

I've gone over the different scenarios in my head at least a million times. What if everyone recognizes me and the entire event is messed up because I'm there? What if everyone gives her special treatment because Dylan is THE Taylor Swift's daughter? How am I going to explain to her that I am one of the most well-known celebrities in the world? I just hope the principal asks everyone to act normally, that I want the most normal life for my daughter as possible.

Next thing I know is Dylan is running in and jumping up and down, telling me she's ready to get her hair done. We go into the living room, and I turn on the tv for her to sit on the floor and watch while I begin braiding.

Afterwards, I ask her to put on her shoes while I get the keys and my sunglasses, I definitely want to be as discrete as possible.

                                                               **************************

We are here. Standing outside of the gymnasium, with Dylan excitedly pulling on my arm to go in. "Please be patient honey, we need to wait just a few more seconds, alright?" I receive a pout from the 5-year-old, but I know the principal is about to announce my arrival and ask everyone to stay calm and treat me normally.

After a few minutes, the door opens, meaning the announcement is over and we are able to come in. We walk through the open metal door, stepping into the gymnasium. It is huge. with lines all over the floor and basketball hoops hanging on the far sides of the gym. It's hot, with the bleachers covered in people. 'Of course, there are a lot of people, we live in St. Louis' I think to myself. As we fully made it through the door the entire gym became silent. Awkward.

Dylan is holding my hand tightly, while slightly hiding behind my legs. I can tell she's nervous and intimidated by the amount of people here, she's never been in such a crowded room. "It's okay sweetie, I'm here with you," I coo, reassuring her she is safe. I begin leading us towards an empty space on the bleachers and sit with her in my lap.