Chapter Eight: The Upside Down

Start from the beginning

Four then turned to the three, pushing them through the short hallway, Nancy and Jonathan ran ahead, whilst Four pulled Steve, "jump now!", Steve did as he was told, leaping over the trap.

Jonathan slammed the door once the two boys were in the room, "Jesus! Jesus! what the hell was that? what are you?", his eyes landed on the axe that was now in Fours hand.

"Shut up!", Steve was silenced by the three, who glared at him; their heads snapped to the door when they heard the monster groan and growl, all of them panting.

Nancy held her gun high, "what's it doing?"

Jonathan held his bat and his lighter up, "I don't know", Fours eyes flickered between the door and the Yo-Yo, waiting for it to move, when suddenly the electricity flickered and the house went silent.

"Do you hear anything?", at Nancys words, Four crept forwards and opened the door, glowing axe in hand, the other three followed him out closely. The monster was gone, and the trap was still open, but none of them loosen their forms, waiting for the demogorgan to return.

Four continued to lead them into the living room, his chestnut eyes scanning the house.

Steve lagged behind, "this is crazy", he muttered the words, "this is crazy", and then started to repeat himself, "this is crazy. This is crazy", he then became manic, "this is crazy! this is crazy! this is crazy!", when he grabbed the phone, Four jumps forwards and made a sword in his hand, using it to slice the phone form the wall, "what are you doing? are you insane?"

Nancy came beside Four, "it's going to come back! so you need to leave. Right now"

Steve did leave, and while he was outside, the lights began to flash again, before the went out, the three were silent for a while. Four turned round, making a spear, which illuminated the monster, "Jonathan!", Nancy shouted, and raised her gun, the master was faster, hitting Jonathan down, making him drop his bat.

The demogorgan held Jonathan down, it's head opening up as it roared, Nancy began to shoot and when her bullets were out, Four took over, he slammed his spear down onto the monster, slicing deep into it's back, which made the monster angry as it swung a hand out to hit the boy. Four however, jumped over the arm, and stabbed a sword into its back, the Demogorgan was able to stand, and grabbed Four by the throat and throw him into the wall.

The monster then backed Nancy up into the kitchen, before Steve came back in and smashed it in the face with Jonathans bat, the monster started to fight back, so Four jumped back up, his head spinning and neck aching, and joined Steves side.

The two boys shared a nod, and started to tag team the monster, Fours eyes widened when he watched Steve spin his bat effortlessly (and sexily, let's admit) and swing at the monster, seeing the trap Four jumped and two-footed the monster making it's foot land in the bear trap, Steve looked to Nancy, "he's in the trap!", the monster shook it's leg, "he's stuck"

Nancy turned, "Jonathan! Now!", the Byers boy came in and flicked his lighter at the gas trail, which burst to live and consumed the demogorgan, it screeched in pain as Four stepped forwards and made shield to protect him and his friends.

"Get back!", Jonathan pushed in front of the group, spraying the monster with the fire extinguisher. Once the fire had gone out, the four coughed and the lights lowly came back to life. They stared at the blob of melted flesh that was on the trap, confused.

Nancy looked between the three boys, "where'd it go?"

Jonathan was lent against the wall, "it has to be dead... it has to be"

The chromes lights above them slowly illuminated, making them look up, "someones here', Four watched the lights move through the house. 

An echo could be heard through the house, making Four look around, he slowly led the others after the light trail, Jonathan moving forwards, "mom? is that you?", and echo is all the reply they get as they go outside.