Chapter Eight: The Upside Down

Start from the beginning

Four smiled, "I'm Felix, can I touch your hair?", he raised a hand, which Nancy grabbed, her eyes snapping to Steve.

"Steve, listen to me"

The boy looked at her confused, "hey. Nancy, what-"

"You need to leave", she closed the door, only revealing her face.

Steve, unaware of what was happening, continued to speak, "I'm not trying to start anything, okay?", Nancy hardly let him get a word out.

"I don't care about that. You need to leave"

The boy still tried to get his words out, "n-no, no, no. Listen, I messed up, okay? I messed up... I messed up", he began to get frustrated with himself, "okay? Really. Please. I just want to make things right", he took a calming breath, "okay? Please. Please...", his eyes then landed on Nancys hand, "w-hey, what happened to your hand? is that blood?", he grabbed her bandaged hand"

Nancy pulled her arm back, "nothing. Nothing, it was an accident"

"Yeah, what's going on?"

Nancy replied sharply, "nothing"

Four was jostled as he was leant on the door when Steve pushed it, "wait a sec. Did one of them do this to you?"

"No, no, No! No! Steve!"

Steve pushed the door open, "Nancy, let me in", he froze when he came into the house, looking around with wide eyes, "what is... what the..."

Jonathan jumped forwards, trying to get Steve out, "you need to get out of here", Steve continued t stutter in confusion, "listen to me. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you, get out of here!"

"What is that smell?", Steve tried to push Jonathan away, "is- is that gasoline?"

A gun clicked making Four look at Nancy with wide eyes, "Steve, get out!"

All three of the boys froze, "w- w- wait. What? What is going on?", Nancy continued to hold the gun up to her boyfriend. 

"You have five seconds to get out of here"

Steve raised his hands, "stop, this is not a joke. Put the gun down"

"I'm doing this for you... Five... Four"

Four looked up, seeing the lights flash, "Nancy"

"Three. Two", Steve continued to stutter and beg, while Jonathan called the girls name.

Four jumped onto the table, "Nancy! hello! the lights"

"It's here", Jonathan grabbed his bat, as Nancy turned around.

Four grabbed Steve, "erm, what's about to happen... you can't tell anyone else, okay", Steve only stared at him, "great", the boy only continued to shout, his worry growing.

Steve watched the other three as they grouped together, "where is what? Hello! will someone please explain to me what the hell is going-", his words where cut off by a loud crash, the roof of the Byers living room started to cave, Nancy shot the monster that was climbing out.

When it dropped to the floor, Four pushed them all behind him, and a sword green from his palm, Steves eyes widening as Four span and sliced the monsters face, making it release a deafening squeal.