"We need El to get her powers back," Max states.

I nod my head. "Everything was way easier."

"We had this girl. She had superpowers," Steve explains.

"Superpowers. Yeah, you mentioned her," Eddie states. "Hey, uh, Henderson's not, uh, cursed, is he?"

I turn and see Dustin pacing back and forth.

"Cursed?" Steve asks. "No, no. He's fine. Mental? Absolutely."

"Boom!" Dustin shouts. He points at Steve. "Bada... bada... boom. I was right. Skull Rock was north."

"Seriously? You're serious?" Steve asks.

Dustin nods. "Mm-hmm."

Steve gestures to the large rock beside us. "This is Skull Rock. Okay?"

Dustin nods again. "Mm-hmm."

"You're totally, absolutely, 100% wrong. Right now," Steve insists.

"Yes. And no," Dustin says.

"Oh my God," Steve remarks.

Dustin holds up his compass. "This compass worked correctly

when we left the Wheelers'. It was correct when we got in the car on Curly. But it started to slip the further east we went. Now it's way off. When I was leading us here, I wasn't wrong. The compass was."

"So you're using faulty equipment," Steve says. "You're still wrong."

"Except it isn't faulty," Dustin argues. "Lucas, remember what can affect a compass?"

"An electromagnetic field," Lucas answers.

"Yep," Dustin says.

"Sorry. I must've skipped that class," Robin remarks.

"In the presence of a stronger electromagnetic field, the needle will deflect towards that power," Dustin explains. "So, either there's some super big magnet around here, or..."

"There's a gate" Lucas states.

"But we're nowhere near the lab," Nancy says.

"But what if, somehow, there's another gate?" Dustin offers. "A gate that we don't know about. It'd have to be smaller. Way less powerful."

"Snack-size gate," Robin states.

"How?" Steve asks. "Why?"

"No idea. All I know is that something is causing this disturbance, and the last time we've seen anything like it, it was a gate," Dustin states. "And I hope it is because then we'd have a way to Vecna. And a shot at freeing Max from this curse." Dustin starts to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Steve asks. Dustin doesn't stop. "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. Eddie's still a wanted man."

"We can't just go hike in the woods," I protest.

Dustin stops and holds up his compass. "This little steel capsule might be the key to saving both Max and Eddie. What say you, Eddie the Banished?"

"I say you're asking me to follow you into Mordor, which, if I'm totally straight with you, I think is a really bad idea. But, uh, the Shire... the Shire is burning," Eddie says.

Dustin starts to jump up and down. Eddie stands up.

"So Mordor it is," Eddie says as he starts to follow after Dustin.

"What is Mordor?" Steve asks.

Eddie goes to grab a canteen.

"Get your stuff, dude," Steve tells him. "Let's go."