✨The First Encounter✨

Start from the beginning

"Pardon?" Stella asked as she took a moment to process what the fellow said to her.
"Vintage?" She asked once more in a gentle and sweet tone.

The man cocked a brow, "Yes. Based on your accent and mannerism I'd like to conclude you are of what the modern folk say 'vintage'." He gave her some jazz hands at the end, maintaining his smile as he continued to gaze down at her.

Stella seemed to be puzzled. She was looking off to the side as if staring at the pavement would help her understand what he meant.

"How about this," the man spoke again, "What year do you believe it is?"

"Around the 1930s no?" She replied softly but with a hint of confidence. She was certain, based on how she seemed to straighten her back up a bit more.

The man's expression turned a bit more worried, despite the charismatic smile he so easily masked his feeling with.
"Oh dear," he placed his hands together, interlocking his fingers, "Would you believe me if I told you that it is around the 2020s?"

Stella nodded, until she fully realized what the man just said. Her eyes began to widen as her face turned slightly more pale. "Wh-what?"

"Yes indeedy!" He chimed as he chuckled a bit, "Quite the change no?" He began to walk around her, looking her up and down as she remained in shock, her eyes following his every move as she stared with disbelief.

The man snickered once more as he stood in front of her yet again, giving her a subtle bow with his head, "It is quite intriguing to meet another soul from the same time period as I. I am just surprised, that's all. It caught my attention since no newcomers I encounter speak with such vernacular."

"Oh?" Stella tilted her head to the side as she took a better look at him now with this information in her head.
She instantly took note of how he was dressed. He wore a dark red suit with almost pink stripes. His slender black pants matched the small bowtie he wore right under his sharp-ended chin. He smiled widely, non-hesitantly presenting a sharp set of teeth, making her slightly uncomfortable with his presence. She could sense something was rather dangerous about the fellow, however, him being the first individual she found, she felt the safest option was to stay near him, despite knowing absolutely nothing about this man. But if he didn't harm her, it should be fine, right?
Perhaps it's the blind trust she has for everyone she is acquainted with?

He nodded, looking down at her with his blood-coloured eyes and a sharp grin that never seemed to falter, "Alastor, it is a great pleasure to meet you, dear." He chimed.

Stella grinned slightly, not really knowing why. Knowing his name made him feel like less of a stranger now.
She allowed her smile to close her eyes as she exhaled quickly, "Stella, and the pleasure is all mine." she concluded as she pinched the ends of her skirt, lowering her head as she curtseyed.

Alastor nodded in reply, now his eyes darting to study her wings, noticing only now that they are present, despite their size.
"Hmm, these wings you have, dear. They are quite brilliant I must admit," he commented with a light tone, his hand nearing to touch them, but he stopped himself since he noticed her eyes were still glued onto him.

"... Mhm, I guess?" Stella replied with a rather grim tone, which caused Alastor to tilt his head. She looked down at the pavement, avoiding to glance over at her presently dark grey wings as if they brought her shame.
"They used to be so beautiful. They were much brighter in colour and definitely smaller than they are now." She sighed, "This will take some time to adjust to, for sure."

"Oh, that is rather unfortunate," He admitted sincerely as his eyes remained on her wings, looking at how each feather gently lay over top of itself like some intricate puzzle.

"I agree,"

"So, you came from up above hmm?" Alastor asked her as his thoughts remained on her wings. He rose an eyebrow as he awaited a response from the Fallen Angel.

Stella inhaled deeply, feeling the back of her throat sting slightly as she let out a quiet and murmured, "Mhm," while nodding her head.

"Well, " he gently patted her shoulder, noticing her expression sink to the notion, "It's not all that bad here,". His tone was oddly optimistic, which made Stella figure it was a bit forced. This was Hell, after all, a miserable place of torment and suffering, and she began to ponder what she really was in for.

Alastor then took a few steps, walking past her in the other direction,
"Come with me." He said as he gestured with his hand for her to follow him, "There is this little place close by called The Happy Hotel." He snickered at the name as if it amused him simply by the thought of it.
"I am sure the hospitality there will serve you well, dear."

Stella gazed at the man for a moment, before nodding her head as she began to hesitantly wander behind him, since she had nowhere else to go.