Chapter One

Ayano's POV:

"Why are you doing this?"

"Stop this madness!"

"Get away from me!"

That voive echoes through my brain as I do not listen to my teacher. His voice echoes through my brain, Taro Yamada as he voices out his last words. How did it end up this way? Well, he caught me. I guess during that day, my thirst for blood overtook me, making me blinded with pure euphoria.

"Ms. Aishi?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and I saw my teacher standing in front of me.

"Class has been dismissed. Please hurry along to your next class." the teacher said to me and left.

I sighed and quickly picked my backpack. As I was running along the corridors of the school, I bumped into Taro's best friend, Budo Matsuta.

"Oh, Ayano right?" he asked

Suddenly, a wave of guilt crashed onto my very core as I heard his voice. His voice still had a this strain, like he was crying. I was confused on why I was feeling this way towards Budo, but I felt sorry that I killed his bestfriend. I know that Taro and Budo had each other's back since then. They were inseperable, like brothers to say the least, but, I killed Taro without even knowing it.

I still feel the touch of Taro's hand against mine as he tries to stop me. His blood against my own body. A vivid image that I want to erase, but a reality I have to live with.

"Uhm, Ayano?"

I once again snapped out of it. I noticed that I've been having many zoning out problems since the day of his death.

"Yes, I must be going now."

I pushed him out of the way and headed to my next class.

Tears started to trickle down my face as finally, I feel that my mask that I've kept on for over eighteen years is now starting to break.

Budo's POV:

"Come on Budo! Just once" Taro said as he tried to pull me to go somewhere

"Where are we even going? Club activities are about to start and as the martial arts captian, it is my responsibility to stay!" I told him as he was pulling me to go somewhere.

"You always train Budo. You don't have time to mingle with people, especially girls!"

"For the record, I do talk to people!"

"Just follow me, you won't regret missing out on your club. I promise."

I remember that conversation we had. I can't believe that will be our last conversation before he was killed.

I look at the martial arts club room, and remembered all the moments we had here. Then, I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I've been keeping it cool since his death, making it look like I was okay.

After crying, I collected myself and went to the rooftop. While I was walking, I bumped into Ayano Aishi, the girl I have feelings for.

She was in a hurry, since classes were on going, but she looked confused and hurt.

"I must be going now." she said as she excused herself and walked away.

As I see Ayano walking away, I suddenly heard Taro' voice.

"Come on Budo, just tell her how you feel!"

I scoffed. I can't confess to her because-

"She loves you Taro, and I can never have her love."

That's just how life works. You'll never get everything you want.

A/N:

I am back! Finally, I have the time and energy to come back to writing another Budo x Ayano fanfiction.

Sorry about not even posting new stories. I've been kinda busy with school, especially online classes. But since it's vacation time, I decided to come back to Wattpad and write something!

I hope you enjoy the fanfic and see you on the next update!

Bye~