In a matter of seconds, a wave of energy trickles above the wound and I sigh in relief, feeling the pain diminish as my skin stitched itself together. "Thank you, Ajak."

She nods with a smile and I walk back to stand in between Gilgamesh and Makkari where the rest of us stood behind Ajak in 'V' formation.

The young boy that Makkari saved from before takes a couple of steps forward to us. Ajak looks over at the green-armored woman with a nod in agreement but Sersi's nervous eyes find mine.

I give a small smile in encouragement and she takes a few steps forward to bend down, picking up the boys knife from the ground. I watch in amazement as the weapon turns to gold and she holds her hand out for him to take it.

With a shy smile, he nervously takes the knife from her grasp. He excitedly takes the knife and rushes to his mom with a grin and Sersi turns to us with a smile as well.

Her eyes land on mine and I couldn't help but smile at her cheeky grin.

Sersi...why do I have this feeling that we will get to become great friends?

LONDON
PRESENT DAY 2024

ARTIFACTS THAT SHAPED HUMAN HISTORY

The words brightly shined on the digital billboards beside the picture of the golden dagger, a sense of nostalgia filling my thoughts.

The first of many pieces of artifacts that the eternals helped the human race improve their knowledge and intelligence. The first day we came to Earth...the first time we all worked together.

It still baffles me to this day on how much humans progressed with their newer pieces of technology in comparison to how it used to be before. Billboards that are twice my size, numerous ways for transportation, the variety of foods, cellphones that store and show almost everything, you name it all.

"Are you even listening to me?"

I jump at the voice, almost dropping my cellphone from my hand and scramble to press it against my ear. "Sorry, sorry. I'm still getting used to the...timezone." I awkwardly mutter out.

"On a normal day, I'd excuse your tardiness but today I will not!"

"After meeting up with you last time, I'd hope your nagging would at least lessen." I groggily mutter as I take a sip of my coffee, continuing my walking pace through the streets of London. "I had to find someone trustworthy last minute to run my bar for the week and I'm still jet-lagged from the flight, so give me a break, Dane."

"Watch the sass, Forrest. It's my birthday." He chuckled, causing me to playfully roll my eyes. "I just want you to meet someone who I think you would get along with before their class starts. They're beautiful, smart, awesome, beautiful--"

"You said beautiful twice." I cut in, accidentally shoulder-bumping a passerby in a green coat who stood in the middle of the town square and I scoff. "I'm not in the mood to third-wheel, Dane."

"It won't be third-wheeling because they haven't been catching the hints that I think they're great so I may sort of need help in that department later on--"

I huff in annoyance. "Jesus christ--"

"Don't hang up, don't hang up!" He quickly exclaims. "I promise they're nice! Seriously, I really want my friends from London to meet my best friend from America."