"Looks like we're partners!" Kingo snapped his fingers to me with a wink.

"And what will you be doing?" Makkari signed with a brow raised.

A ferocious snarl causes my eyes to widen but the corners of Ikaris' lips perk up into a smile. "I'll be busy with the ones that fly." He answered before flying out of the Domo.

"Who made him 'leader'?" Gilgamesh scoffed as the five of us carefully walked down the steps.

"I must have missed that meeting as well." Thena added.

"Well, I like him." Kingo grinned before breaking off into a sprint with the rest of us following close behind, watching as Ikaris blasted the winged Deviant away from the child with his heat vision before forcing him to the skies.

From behind the child near the ocean, another Deviant sneakily approaches him but Makkari ran past us with incredible speed, taking the boy somewhere safe.

"We'll get this one! Help Makkari with the village!" Gilgamesh ordered, leaving Kingo and I to nod.

"Hope you're not afraid of heights, Kingo." I say and he furrows his brows in confusion as I swirl my hands around us. A dust of wind encircles under our feet until I force us to bounce from the floor, causing Kingo to let out a shriek as we levitated towards the village.

The deviant lets out an angered growl at Makkari since she continued to move people at a safe distance away from the beast.

"Alright, ready?" I yell and Kingo nods with determination, holding his hands out that emitted a bright glow. I quickly lower us down as Kingo aimed his middle and pointer fingers to the Deviant before shooting small blasts against its side.

I harshly swipe my hands across, slicing the side of the Deviant's neck which causes splatters of green liquid to stain the floor. In midst of this, it swipes its claws across my abdomen, leaving me to let out a grunt but Makkari body checks the Deviant closer to the edge of the cliff.

Just before the Deviant could strike again, Kingo conjures a ball of energy into his hands and sends it to collide into the beast, forcing it off of the cliff.

Makkari hurriedly rushes to my side in concern. "Do you want me to take you back to the ship?" She signed but I quickly shook my head.

"No need." I say, signing back to her before she helps me to stand.

"Good fight!" Kingo exclaimed, signing to Makkari and I with a smirk.

"You too." She signed with a smile.

The sounds of murmurs from the village folk causes us to turn, seeing as they curiously eyed the Domo appear from its invisibility as it approached closer to the hilltop.

As five more of the eternals emerged out of the Domo, all the village folk could do was watch in fear with weapons in their hands as they lowered to the ground. Golden disks fly around the armored individuals until they retreated to the man dressed in purple armor who wore a calm expression as he overlooked the corpses of the deviants nearby.

Makkari and Kingo carefully help me walk towards Ajak but before we could get closer, several men from the village aimed their spears towards us which causes us to pause in our steps. Before they could strike, a man dressed in red and black armor stepped forward and held his hand outward with his eyes flashed a light gold.

The humans drop their spears, allowing us to pass once more.

Once Ikaris stepped away from Ajak with a thankful expression, her eyes trailed to my abdomen with a thoughtful expression before hovering her hand above the wound.