There was a bit of shuffling on his behalf before releasing a heavy sigh.

"Hello?"

His voice was deep and groggy, instantly making her feel bad that she had called and woke him up.

"Hi, Chris. I'm sorry for waking you up. You can call me back once you're awake."

The sound of her voice made a smile form on his face. Her voice was like music to his ears. She had a soothing, melodious tone, and he didn't mind waking up to the sound of that.

"Nah, it's all good. Good mornin', though." He rolled over onto his back, holding the phone up to his ear with one hand. The other hand was formed into a fist and he held it up to his mouth as he released a yawn.

"Good morning. I wanted to call and thank you for my flowers. You choose the best bouquets." She complimented with a smile, plopping down onto her couch before laying down and bending her legs, folding one over the other.

"Well, you know... I do what I can," He joked, all cocky- like and she just rolled her eyes on the other end.

"Nah, but I am glad you like them... I figured you would. I customized them just for you. I actually went in yesterday and arranged for them to be delivered this mornin'. I figured you would be up around this time."

Kendra cheesed, beaming brightly as she shook her head.

"Don't try and act like you know me." She hissed playfully and he chuckled.

"I'm just takin' my time and learnin' you, that's all."

He always knows what to say, she thought.

"Good. That's what I like to hear," She teased.

"Uh-huh. So, what we doin' today?"

Biting her lip, she began to smile out of excitement because she'd finally be able to see him and spend some real time with him since their first date.

"Uh, maybe you could come by around... I don't know? 7-ish?"

"Oh, you want me to come over?" She could hear the excitement in his tone, and it made her kiss her teeth and playfully roll her eyes.

"Not like that!"

He started to laugh and that made a wide smile form on her face. "You such a clown, man..."

He chuckled, "Nah— I'm just playin, shorty. I don't mind comin' over and chillin' wit' you. That sounds like a great time."

"Cool. Maybe I can cook for you and we'll chill and listen to music or something."

"Oh? You know how to throw down? Wait— of course you know how to throw down. You from the South." He says and Kendra laughed into the phone, that made him smile wider, if possible.

"You a country bumpkin." He teased.

"Don't make me hang up this phone, Christopher Armon." She half-joked but her smile never faded.